Supercharger anyone? Or is it?.....

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
There is no way an electric fan can make that much of a power difference. Firstly it will drain power from the alternator to create it and I doubt it will be particularly efficient.

They are crude devices at best and tend to be set to cut in at WOT only. When it is not using the "supercharger" to feed in air it will create a lot of additional drag on the car.

I saw a guy put a leaf blower on his cars intake, I'm sure there is a you tube video of it somewhere. This did raise the power a bit but the electric motor was so large it cannot be mounted in the car and IIRC it was mains powered anyway.

A 12v car battery is not going to make much of an impact if it is driving an electric fan!

We've discussed these before and I pointed out that a fan is not a positive displacement device.

Imagine trying to inflate a balloon by holding its neck in front of a desk fan.

You're quite likely to wind up with the fans blades being sucked off by the engine's vacuum. This is not good for the top of the engine.

How did I miss this thread!

shipment-of-fail.jpg

Its another electric supercharger thread :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

almost as popular as the Im putting a turbo on my car ones

well Ive been thinking that they are so popular Im obviously missing something.............

So after considerable deep thought Ive decided to mount a hamster wheel (with hamster) under the bonnett .

By connecting the wheel to a generator Im sure I could improve the power by at least 20 bhp (brake hamster power)

These things are a liability in my opinion. There's a risk of the plastic impellers snapping off in the air stream that the engine creates, thus throwing bits of plastic into the engine's internals.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its another electric supercharger thread :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

almost as popular as the Im putting a turbo on my car ones

well Ive been thinking that they are so popular Im obviously missing something.............

So after considerable deep thought Ive decided to mount a hamster wheel (with hamster) under the bonnett .

By connecting the wheel to a generator Im sure I could improve the power by at least 20 bhp (brake hamster power)

I'm going connect straws together upto the drivers sear and blow into the intake as i go along. Might be useful for overtaking :D

Dont forget to feed the hamster!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn................I knew there was something I had forgotton. :(

Ive decided not to do this mod as the extra weight of the food is likely to make any extra power worthless.

a electric supercharger cant compress the air,you will need at least 0.6 kw and a compressor from a turbo, that wont give you any power gains