StickerBomb.

choness2004

Torque Junkie
Car
Honda Civic EG
Hi all,

I am looking to use loads of stickers in different places ar ound my car from the StickerBomb book. One place in particular is underneath the bonnet.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop them from peeling off from the heat of the engine?

Also, does anyone have a link or anything to where I can buy 100's of assorted stickers? I had a look on the internet but didn't have much success.

Thanks,

Corey.

Your local Halfords will sell quite a few stickers. Also see if there are any suitable ones at http://torquecars.potn.com

Peeling due to engine heat is pretty hard to get round. Metallic stickers seem to fare better but even these discolour.

I suppose if you reduced the under bonnet temperatures then the stickers would be less likely peel.
You could try an Heat wrap or Zircotec style coating on the manifold to begin with maybe?

to stop them peeling just get yourself a rattle can of clear laquer and get spraying, once you masked off everything else and of course, applied the stickers/decals

Not an expert, but could you not lay the stickers then lay a coat of laquer over them?

Someone with painting experience will be able to answer that ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back