Stereo upgrade 2000 A3

jelpoole

Wrench Pro
Car
Subaru Impreza GF8
Hello
Im going to upgrade my speakers soon, does anyone know how to get off the door panels and the panels besides the back seats on a 3door 2000 A3? What size are the original speakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
you will need adaptors for the new speakers as for getting the door cards off if noone post up ill put up the full instructions from audi. but its 4 t20 screws and 2 large hillips and a sharp pull to unclip

I'v bought some adaptors now and a pair of MB-Quarts top end 2way speaker set so when I get the time to install the sound would be a lot better I hope :p the price of the speakers was around 650£ so they shuldo be good quality...

Iv'e finally installed the speakers ;) Im just on testing base now, not high volume and no amp. But the quality is much better than was was before ;)

Putting up som pics of the speakers and the mounting process...

The box they arrived in:
DSC01682.jpg

One set, look hox big the filter id compard to a 5,25" element:
DSC01679.jpg

Close up on the filter:
DSC01681.jpg

Had troble finding theese screws, took a long time to get the first toor in pieces but the second wnet quiker:
DSC01688.jpg

The old speaker:
DSC01690.jpg

Close up on that:
DSC01683.jpg

Old vs. new:
DSC01687.jpg

New speaker mounted, bought som adaptors from 3-screw to 4-screw:
DSC01691.jpg

Tweeter swapped:
DSC01689.jpg

this is the only visible sign of my swap:
DSC01693.jpg

I belive passive since they have no powersupply(not sure do to bad translating)... One feature with this set is that you can hav one amp for the tweeters and ove for the woofers :)

I belive passive since they have no powersupply(not sure do to bad translating)... One feature with this set is that you can hav one amp for the tweeters and ove for the woofers :)
i just did a quick google on them and you are right!
but its confusing cause its fused and it seems to have 1 to many inputs which led me to my question.
the sound quality seems to be very good/clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cZR_zyIaKM&feature=player_embedded

and nice write up on the install of them!!!:bigsmile:

and dont worry mate your english/translation is very good!!;)

its only what things are called im struggeling with... The other input is as I said so you can have one amp or channell for tweeters and one for woofers :p dont know about the fuse... I was wondering about it myself...

I got an offer today, a brand new set of JBL 560GTI for just £500, te retail price is somewhere around £1500. It is a l"lot" of money, but the offer man! Have anyone here tryed this speakers or know anything about them? I am considering to buy but I want to see if someone has something to say about them first...

Just bought another set of the same MB's, they are going to be mounted in the back. But how do I take of the side panels? I have a two door...

You may have to remove the back seats to make things easier for you. Panels in the back are generally clipped on so you have to give it a bit of a tug. But before you start pulling double check that there are no screws hidden holding it on.