ST or VXR??

Yeah I can see your point, and I do agree about the Focus, even as standard it's a fine handling car, but even 'hardcore' cars like Evos use electronic trickery these days to improve the handling. With the aids present the Vectra is a very capable car, so what was gained by purposely hobbling it, apart from a few cheap laughs from the audience?

And also, even without the electronics, it would have been possible to drive that Vectra more smoothly and more quickly around that track.

Well everything Top Gear so should be taken with a pinch of salt, that's for sure. It was just to prove a point as I said above. Not very fair I agree, if they do it to one car they should do it to all the others, but Top Gear has never been fair and no-one with a remotely sensible air about them buys a car on Top Gears merits!

No-one bought the Vectra VXR anyway so I'm sure it didn't hurt sales that much lol.

A lot of car for the money no doubt. However as a four-door performance saloon it's playing with the big boys (Evo's, Scoobys, M5 etc etc). It's only really a good shout if you are short in the cash department.

The Monaro is rusting to death already!

A lot of car for the money no doubt. However as a four-door performance saloon it's playing with the big boys (Evo's, Scoobys, M5 etc etc). It's only really a good shout if you are short in the cash department.

The Monaro is rusting to death already!

Hang on, don't you know the rules, the Monaro is a good car therefore is not allowed to be called a Vauxhall.

Lol, at risk of being tedious, Evo thought it could handle being there.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...hi_evo_v_impreza_v_vectra_vxr_v_bmw_330i.html

Anyway, I've just watched last week's TG.

On it they had a Ferrari GTO that without electronic aids was UNDRIVEABLE.

Is that a crap car as well?

without electronic AIDS, yes, should a car that can only be driven by computers be put in the hands of mere mortals who have a tendency to not concentrate on what they're doing? even with AIDS Stig struggled to keep it on the track

and it shouldn't be called a GTO if it doesn't have racing pedigree

Simple thing about the Monaro is huge engine up front, powering the rear wheels and doesn't realy on modern age technology. My dream car (monaro VXR 500 not the VXR8) is nearly affordable lol, but are still cheaper than a Astra VXR or #!#!#!#!-us ST sorry Focus lmao.

Check out this video from 5th gear and listen to what he says towards the end about what this car can do is 1st gear alone lol:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPHXVtblWw

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back