Spraying your own car

Have any of you done any paint spraying on your car? Any tips to pass on?

Can you get a decent finish from spray cans of paint or do you need a proper paint spray gun?

Gidday obi..I can help ya with this 1..umm if u haven't already sorted it..my superviser at work use be in to wheeling and dealing..and he's done a few raddle can jobs himself..

You can get a good finish with raddle cans..but it wont last long as the paint weathers and fades..but algood if your jus trying to spice up ya car and sell it on..

Alls u need to do is sand the paint back to base coat..then go over your base coat with some light grit..then spray over..more layers the better your finish..mayby you could try some clear coat on top to savour your job from weathering..

You can also get properly made up spray cans that do the proper job..from most car auto shops..

Please don't feel I'm trying to undermined you..just thought ide pass on some useful knowledge..sweet hope I've helped obi..!!

I've never done a full car but I've had great success doing wheels, odd bumpers/doors and various other bits!
But I never stick to the instructions I don't do fine coats. I put thick coats on and 9 times out of 10 I don't end up with runs!

I've never done a full car but I've had great success doing wheels, odd bumpers/doors and various other bits!
But I never stick to the instructions I don't do fine coats. I put thick coats on and 9 times out of 10 I don't end up with runs!
Awe nice mate..it's the cheaper way to repaint ya car..yea lots of layers = nice shiny finish!!

you can certainly spray small panels with an aeresol quite nicely but theres no way you can get a serious finish on a large area like a big bonnet.
Its actually quite hard enough to get a spot on ( with zero peel and seriuos gloss) finish without an oven even with a compessor