Seat Ibiza 1.4 Starting Problems

mjk28

Car
Seat Ibiza 1.4
Hi everyone,
I am having some starting problems with my 58 Seat Ibiza 1.4. They are intermittant. The battery is fine and the engine always turns over.
I have also noticed that it won't go above 4000 RPM whilst idle, but I don't know if it has a limitor on it when idle.
Any help/comments would be much appreciated!
Thanks,

hey and welcome to the site.

i take it you mean wont go above 4000 in neutral.
have you had the ECU checked for error codes ? not that not all light up the EM light on the dash

Thanks!
No it won't but I think it has a limitor on it.
Haven't had the ECU checked. No dash light is on. I have it booked into the local dealership where I bought it, but not until Friday. It is just in warranty but runs out at the end of this week.

could well have a cold engine limiter, i know some engines have them fitted that it wont allow it to go above xxxx rpm until the engine is up to temp to help on wear

expect seat to charge you around £60 for a diagnostic scan as i dont think they will be covered by the warranty. not all issues will set ofthe light.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

It sounds like the car is in limp home mode, when was it last serviced?

Sorry I've been so slow in welcoming you, I've been updating the main site www.torquecars.com and I've just relaunched it!

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back