RWYB - North Weald, Essex - 11 May 2008

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Anybody thinking of pootling over to North Weald, Essex (those living near enough) in May for the first of only two RWYB meetings run at this venue?

Subject to the weather, obviously, I will be taking my Robin Hood and a friend will be debuting his re-engined Pop.

Could be a great opportunity to put some faces (or maybe not!) to the screen names :).

Only downside is that a lot of people will go away a little disappointed with their times as traction is not as good as at the Pod, but you will be able to get a lot more runs in, allowing more grudge runs :)

http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/drwebroot/dragracing.html

Sounds good to me. Anyone else up for this? Spectators I presume are welcome? Do you reckon we'd get a 'club rate' if enough people are interested?

It is 2 months away, can't take that long to re-hang the furry dice ;)

Its not the time its having the cash mate. :rolleyes: Blowing your motor up twice and having a baby in the same year is expensive buisness. ;) Not much left to buy now though, heads have been skimmed, crank reground, new COMPCAM high energy cam kit, high flow water and fuel pump, and new Hooker Pro Comp headers. Just need rings, bearings and gaskets now, and a new rad as mine got crushed by flying debri in the winds last weekend.

Sounds good to me. Anyone else up for this? Spectators I presume are welcome? Do you reckon we'd get a 'club rate' if enough people are interested?

£10 to get on to the site. Another £15 to race. Under 14s are free.

Well, there is no harm in asking :) Link is in my first posting.

Its not the time its having the cash mate. :rolleyes: Blowing your motor up twice and having a baby in the same year is expensive buisness. ;) Not much left to buy now though, heads have been skimmed, crank reground, new COMPCAM high energy cam kit, high flow water and fuel pump, and new Hooker Pro Comp headers. Just need rings, bearings and gaskets now, and a new rad as mine got crushed by flying debri in the winds last weekend.

A couple of questions:
How did you manage to blow it up TWICE?
What car did you blow up?

2 kids and I was out of it for 19 years!

The car is a 1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite with a 318 cu-in (5.2) V8.

http://www.torquecars.com/features/near-lee.php

The first time is was just a head gasket problem. I was sitting in traffic on my way to work and it just died on me. :( After a mild rebuild and about £500 later (thats when the cam, headers and intake setup were fitted), I put it back on the road and the fuel pump went a bit wrong. The diaphram split and it pumped the sump full of fuel and thinned out my oil. So after approx 240 miles the engine came right out and completley stripped to find it had eaten the big end shells and the main bearing journals on the crank. :( Another £500 and lots of my hours later, and Its nearly there. Hopefully I will have it back in the next month or two.

:shock: 19 years! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't play with my toys for 19 years.

The car is a 1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite with a 318 cu-in (5.2) V8.

:shock: 19 years! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't play with my toys for 19 years.

A little bit of bad luck there, me thinks, especially with the undetectable fuel leak! :-(

Just sort of wandered off in a different direction for a while (but with the thought that the car was in the garden waiting for me).....but I am back now and trying to make up for lost time :)

Hi Fingers and Waynne

How's the car repairs going, Fingers? Any chance of meeting up at North Weald? We will be there with a V8 Ford Pop, V8 Ford Anglia and 2 V8 Fiat 500s (if fixed). I will be taking my Robin Hood if new wiring loom arrives in time.

I'm still up for this. I will know for certain by Monday but I'm doing everything I can to be there. It would be cool if a few of us could meet up.

I had forgotten all about this. Near Lee is still in bits but hopefully I will be there.

Great. Look forward to meeting both you and Waynne. Look out for the cars mentioned earlier and for an L reg dark grey Range Rover.