Torque Cars

Rover 45 1.6 tuning mods needed

Discussion in '400/45' started by blacknight, 28 May 2009.

1. blacknight

blacknight Newbie

Car:
    rover 45
    Hi Folks,
    I'm a newbie to car tuning. I am wanting to make my Rover 45 1.6i faster. Can someone give me some advice on how best to go about this?

The car is totally standard, so I'm open to any ideas to give it a bit more power. Any links to parts / products would also be of interest.

Thanks
    Blacknight

2. nig

nig Torque Junkie

didcot
    Car:
    rover 200 1.4si ish
    Re: New to tuning

im into weight loss i think it's becomming addictive can't spell ob-ssion lol
    im new here my self but there is so good people here ( NO NOT ME ) im just crazy :D

3. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi

Hello and welcome to car torque. Otherwise known as happyland!

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Moto-Build racing are THE rover performane parts supplier. What about doing an engine swap to the 1.8VVC or Tomcat Turbo from the 220/820?

Suspension would be my first mod, get a decent set of adjustable dampers and the car will handle amazingly.