Torque Cars

Rover 416SI saloon advice.

Discussion in '400/45' started by smithy123, 1 May 2008.

1. smithy123

smithy123 Newbie

Lincs
    Car:
    Rover 416SI saloon
    Hi I'm new here, I've got a Rover 416SI, and wondered if anyone could give me some tips on how to get a little more BHP out of it without having to spend any money as I'm a bit tight at the moment, thanks. :D

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Couple of fast road cams, sports exhaust (Scorpion is my Rover Fave) and an induction kit (with a cold air feed) will do quite a bit for you. Those engines are pretty solid although can be a little Torque Shy low down - I guess thats the Honda heritage though. See what Moto-build have to offer in the way of cams.

For budget tuning get a panel air filter and cut 4 inch wide holes in the bottom of the air filter housing (use a spare from a breakers yard). If you are planning to change the engine then I would concentrate on suspension and handling mods for now.