Rose jointed drop links vs HD Meyle

griffindai

Torque Junkie
Car
Saab 9-3 v6 Aero
Im having a full refresh on the suspension next month, polybushed throughout (I'll start a seperate thread on that one!!) new suspension arms, top mounts etc but also need new drop links as mine have had it.

I can get some Rose Jointed drop links for £60-75 or Heavy Duty Meyle ones for around £30. But the rose joints are out of stock for at least another 1 - 2 months, I can get the HD ones much earlier.

I've read online about longevity issues with the rose joints as they get clogged up with dirt and need replacing regularly but speaking to others they 100% recommend these over the standard and HD drop links as they just end up getting replaced yearly on the 9-3 with no real benefit over the standard drop links....plus the with the car getting fully polybushed they should compliment the new set up & firm it up nicely.

I'm only driving maybe 4k a year these days so the cars mainly used for fun/odd shopping trip. So should these rose joined ones last a couple years?

OK. Rod ends don't usually come with covers, but as you are buying them built into drop links they may well have them.

Send the link.

Great :)

I'll hold off for these then, should have the bushes mid June and these should be back in stock around then, I'll get everything fitted in one go.

I've been trying to source thicker front & rear ARB's but looks like I've got the thickest available for these. Surprised there's no aftermarket ARB's available for the 9-3ss. You can get nice 22&25mm ones for the other Saabs :(