Renault D4F engine mods/tuning

Mr Savvy

Car
2008 Proton Savvy
G'day!

I own a Proton Savvy, which uses the Renault D4F 1149cc engine ... Std specs, 55kw @ 5500 rpm and a ball tearing 105nm of torque

Anyone ever tuned one of these engines? what programming did you use? What mods were performed? ... Results??

Cheers :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, what ECU does it have? let me know what type and ref numbers on and i'll find out if we can do anything. the clio does not have any "chips" fitted in ecu.. if it's sane as clio's ecu then we may still be able to remap it. 9bhp/15nm torque quoted for clio..

steve

evolutionchips installer

www.sr-performance.co.uk

Hey Steve, thanks for the info!
Unfortunate part for me is I'm in Australia : (

The results you obtained from the Clio, what other mods were done? Intake, exhaust??
In a little 1.2l, 9bhp is a huge gain not to mention the pick up in torque. Savvy weighs just shy of 1000kg, so if I was to achieve similar figures, it'd be a big difference, more so if your quoted results are off a completely standard car ... There would be so much more to be had with further simple bolt on mods, such as exhaust and intake etc.

I know sweet F.A about Renault and their engines, so I'll be asking questions alot, but in a nutshell, looks like they have quite alot of potential when it comes to tuning. How reliable are these engines, I'm not chasing massive HP, just a bit of a kick in the guts to liven the little toy up a smidge.

Look forward to peoples replies :)

Hi mate, these figures are from a std engine so with other work will transform the little motor.. They are very reliable so if you dont go mad with mod's then you should have a reliable but quicker motor...:)

hi i have a renault clio mk1 1.2 8v. the mods i have on it are a K&N and an ashley performance exhaust. is it possible to remap my ecu and if so what sort of power gains would i be looking at?

oh its good to know it can be done. i was looking on ebay and i couldnt find 1 sofware that was compatible with my car. i also looked on your site and it wasn't on there either, i was beginning to think it wasnt possible. would the 9 bhp make a quite noticeable differance?

the only things youll find on ebay mate are
tuning boxes - stay away from a 2p resistor in a lump of plastic. causes all sorts of issues
OBD2 remapping software - the style that comes with cds full of maps. normally used by those who offer £100 remaps one day and gone the next

the only things youll find on ebay mate are
tuning boxes - stay away from a 2p resistor in a lump of plastic. causes all sorts of issues
OBD2 remapping software - the style that comes with cds full of maps. normally used by those who offer £100 remaps one day and gone the next

yeh i saw that obd2 thing and it only worked with 2.0l clios and you need to buy the machine. i think there is somewhere around where i live that does it. otherwise if i get it done id have to pay for the ferry and travel and everything, i hate living on an island lol.

long shot but try chipped uk

they do a device that connects and you send them your map which they edit for 2 of the 3 options economy, performance or track.
you get the 2 files back and can load them on as you wish. not sure howmuch the device is however iirc think its around £300-350 where as a reap for a nasp is normally around £200-250