Torque Cars

Remote Turbo

Discussion in 'Superchargers and Turbos' started by KaJake, 16 October 2016.

1. KaJake

KaJake Newbie

Swindon
    Car:
    Ford SportKa SE
    I'm planning to fit a remote turbo and have read that diesel turbos can't handle the heat and revs...now I don't rev the engine hard and with the turbo being near the backbox the heat won't be as high....also they are designed for low revs so I imagine the boost will start pretty quick... I've found a few turbos I could use and the diesels seem to be cheaper (not that i'm trying to be a cheapskate lol).

2. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

It depends what you mean by remote . If rhe plumbing is too long you will lose efficiency especially with a low pressure system.
    the car makes a difference what car ?

3. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    What's a "remote turbo"?

4. claymore

claymore The Torque Meister

Shrewsbury
    Car:
    T-10k,
    they are usually fitted where the rear silencer would normally go, usually fitted to N/A cars with no room in the engine compartment to fit a turbo.

5. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Sounds expensive.

6. awesomalex21

awesomalex21 Newbie

South Haven, Michigan
    Car:
    2001 BMW 325CI
    I was thinking of doing a remote turbo setup as well in my e46. Reply for more info. I have a few questions as well.

obi_waynne likes this.
  7. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
  8. awesomalex21

awesomalex21 Newbie

South Haven, Michigan
    Car:
    2001 BMW 325CI
    On my intro i think i listed most of it. 35mm turbo, wastegate around 6-7 lbs of boost, bigger hpfp and 35lb injectors, and an oilscavenge pump for the return line. Just for a small upgrade. But i did have a tuning issue with this setup.