remapping

one in a million

Road Burner
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
if i was to get my clio remapped, what would i have to do, do i trust any company that can do it, or should i find a leading performance person to do it, how much does it cost, and how much will it do on the performance of my car. its a 1.4l 16v dynamique renault clio. thanks:)

on a 1.4 id say about 5-8 bhp
id look towards a proper established company simply because for not much money you can buy a shed load of maps and the software. these companies can quickly disappear just as quickly as they arrived. look towards the likes of superchips, celtic tuning (we have a dealer on here now ;) ) or mobile ECU remapping (sponser on this site)
you should be looking at around 150-250

ok brilliant thanks, when modifying your engine, and doing things such as remapping, can it ruin your engine, or are they made for this kind of stuff, is there any risk when doing stuff like that

yes it does ruin your engine and of course there is a risk.
engines are normally detuned slightly from factory as people are generally lazy when it comes to their cars and dont look after them enough.
as to it damaging your engine as long as its done properly, this is why you should go to a establised place to have it done, there is minamilistic damage as long as you look after the engine. normal ideas -
let it warm up fully - wait till the temp gauge isd showing warm then give it another 5 mins before being hard with it.
let it cool down before switching off - this is more for turbos but still a good idea
change the oil more frequently.

all in all if you look after the car them youll not have a problem and to be honest 5bhp isnt going to be anything major you could find this difference in cars when they come off the production line

it depends on the engine in question.
youve got to remember that the clio in question is small engined (1.4), already in a decent tune (iirc 95bhp), and NASP

even on some bigger engines, V6s for example, might only get around 10-12bhp more.

Forced induced engines however are a different story. mines for example is 180bhp standard and will go to around 210 bhp so a 30bhp gain. if i had a year younger car i would have seen a 60bhp gain up from 150bhp

Lemon S3 on here (old-gits boy) remapped his mothers astra and got 60bhp more

it also depends on the aggressiveness of the map you can get slightly more but at the expense of reliability

Before you spend £300+ on remapping your car, to gain about 5bhp, I would look into other ways of improving your car. Also remap's are really only helpful if you have already improved air intake and exhaust.

What have you done to your car so far?

Are the brakes and suspension both standard? Uprated disc's and pads would be the first thing to do, then the suspension, lowered springs, or coilovers if you want to spend the money. They need to be set up properly though, and not just slammed. This will improve cornering and give you more confidence in braking.

Have you thought about weight reduction? The cheapest way to improve your power to weight ratio! Stripping the rear seats and isofix bar out, will help. It depends whether you use them or not. You can go further by removing sound deadening, belts and trim.

for the same price as a remap you could get yourself a performance manifold and backbox which could add 20+bhp. i would also reccomend drilled and grooved brake disks for a bit extra, although these are quite expencive

you wont see that much through the manifold and back box even doing away with the cat on a 1.4 id doubt youd see much more than 8

drilled discs are more for show and weight saving than anything else. but be warned they are moe prone to cracking due to the heat. if your wanting to get better brakes then look to the pads and normal discs

Stripping the life out of it will make it quicker than if you fitted a fanimold and backbox. You won't see any more power out of just a backbox anyway.

lol thanks for the advice everyone i been reearching about and your can pay out hundreds but the performance doesnt go that far, perhaps its best to just buy a bigger engine when i can afford it lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back