Remap time at last

Aerial Andy944

The Torque Meister
Car
VW Golf GT TDi 200
I've won a free remap on a facebook competition :woot:
IMG_20160308_233913_zpswo3dggnx.jpg

So should I get this DPF EGR delete at same time? I know about the MOT thing which put me off before but my MOT guy is not worried and many many people rave about the difference it makes. My DPF light is on quite often nowadays as it seems I've gone past the limits of the BG244 cleaner and regen is killing my fuel consumption. I think I should just go for it, any last minute warnings ;b/
Might add these Darkside parts to make sure all sooted up components are eliminated
1-9-8v-pd105-2-0-16v-tdi-pd-ppd-and-cr-egr-delete-race-pipe

EGR cooler delete if it's not going to be used?

Anything else while I'm in there (or my mechanic anyway)

Remap is a custom one and he comes recommended from local club members with much bigger cars than mine so hopefully I've got the right guy doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo upgrade, that is the weakest part of the current setup after all of that is carried out. They cost quite a bit though so probably not worth it.

Turbo upgrade, that is the weakest part of the current setup after all of that is carried out. They cost quite a bit though so probably not worth it.
Yeah but Turbo, S3 intercooler, bigger injectors, downpipe, additional hard piping, intake and the list goes on.. Then brakes, suspension, tyres, Quaife differential to put the torque down on a fwd car.... and that's just bits off top of my head.... £5-8k
It's just a £250 remap I won Waynne :)

Well the remap has now been done. I decided not to remove DPF due to funds needed elsewhere and talk of MOT inspection/emissions getting even stricter. It feels a different car, can't notice it's faster but everything about the power/torque delivery feels much sharper and responsive.
Fuel economy has taken a big leap up managing 69.9 mpg on a 12 mile journey I do every week compared to 58mpg I normally get. If it does that every week I'm happy with that saving.
For anyone in the Dorset area I can recommend Craig
http://www.ozmo-motorsport.co.uk/

I think they're worth it. I went down all the thoughts of while I'm there I'll change this, upgrade that etc but this is our family car and so just this tweek is probably enough for this car considering the work it has to do. It should have around 200hp now which is plenty for today's world to make fast efficient enough progress.
Get an agent from Quantum, Celtic, Atlas etc to do the remap and you should see some nice results.

Well the remap has now been done. I decided not to remove DPF due to funds needed elsewhere and talk of MOT inspection/emissions getting even stricter. It feels a different car, can't notice it's faster but everything about the power/torque delivery feels much sharper and responsive.
Fuel economy has taken a big leap up managing 69.9 mpg on a 12 mile journey I do every week compared to 58mpg I normally get. If it does that every week I'm happy with that saving.
For anyone in the Dorset area I can recommend Craig
http://www.ozmo-motorsport.co.uk/
That's the key in a good map, not the peak power but the power delivery and usability of that power.

After driving around now for a week it's does feel like the components have adjusted to the map and it's all settled in nicely and I suppose it must be faster acceleration, certainly feels more punchy in the 30-60 overtaking area, hold the power band longer to