Recommendations for XSI???

deighton306

Wrench Pro
Car
306 D-Turbo-Finally
Can anyone give any good tuning recomendations for a 1998 XSI PUG 306 ??

I was thinking of a Panel Filter from the shop here with a cool air feed in the wing?

Adding bigger calipers?

Custom built mid exhaust, long but flat, around 4 inch long by 1 inch high?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated...:bigsmile:

A big brake conversion kit is your best bet when it comes to uprated brakes. Does the XSi have discs on the rear or drums? If drums get these uprated to discs.

I do like panel filters, they give a good top end gain without messing with the lower end torque. Cotton seems to be about the best you can get.

Get the suspension tweaked, this can make a massive difference to the handling of the car and really increase cornering. Some of my friends with 306's have added anti roll bars but I'm not sure that is a good idea as it reduces cornering ability in the wet IMHO.

Thanks Wayne, very helpful tips and again cheap! It has discs on the back, whats the best way to get the suspension tweaked? Would i need to replace the springs?
You able to quote a price? I know i don't ask many question Thanks Again

Ok then...go for eiabach prokit springs and bilstien sprint dampers...best setup for uk roads...same combination lotus use and so do prodrive...so it must be good...

the rear uses torsion bar and offers infinate adjust ment...luckly for you the rear axel and rear brakes are the same as the gti-6....and cause you have the 1998 means it's the 16v engine....which also means that's it's clinicly identical to the gti-6 engine so I'd get the intake manifold off one and thottle...exhaust manifold will fit and the cams....
the gearbox will too but you need to modify the steering rack to make room for the 6th gear.... all of that stuff should be found at a scrap yard fairly cheaply....o and by the way if you feel that the gti-6 fronts brakes still aren't enough then you can use the 4 pot brembo's off a 406 v6 coupe...(some of the v6 don't have brembos so check you have the right ones ) but I will say that you can use the 406 v6 coupe discs you have to use citoren xantia v6 front discs to get the correct fitment on the hubs...they are 296mm discs i think so you will need 16"+ wheels...you can use the gti-6 discs with those calipurs but they will squeel like a virgin....

Ok then...go for eiabach prokit springs and bilstien sprint dampers...best setup for uk roads...same combination lotus use and so do prodrive...so it must be good...

the rear uses torsion bar and offers infinate adjust ment...luckly for you the rear axel and rear brakes are the same as the gti-6....and cause you have the 1998 means it's the 16v engine....which also means that's it's clinicly identical to the gti-6 engine so I'd get the intake manifold off one and thottle...exhaust manifold will fit and the cams....
the gearbox will too but you need to modify the steering rack to make room for the 6th gear.... all of that stuff should be found at a scrap yard fairly cheaply....o and by the way if you feel that the gti-6 fronts brakes still aren't enough then you can use the 4 pot brembo's off a 406 v6 coupe...(some of the v6 don't have brembos so check you have the right ones ) but I will say that you can use the 406 v6 coupe discs you have to use citoren xantia v6 front discs to get the correct fitment on the hubs...they are 296mm discs i think so you will need 16"+ wheels...you can use the gti-6 discs with those calipurs but they will squeel like a virgin....

This is exactly the sort of thing i am looking to do, Then the wheels and body work GREAT HELP THANKS MATE!!:D:D:D

O yeah I forgot about this part....use the gti-6 injectors to make sure you don't run the engine lean if you install all those mods :D

and no problem....the engine code are almost indentical and if i had the side by side you would see the differences (looks that is) but you would know they are basically the same engine....also get it remapped and I'd go for a 2.5" exhaust.....but mongoose or scorpian or magnex make a could case if you wanted to go "off the shelf"

Your a real fountain of knowledge ey..lol :cheesy:

I was thinking of a re-map but didn't fancy the price tag, but had also been a bit cheap:lol: And looking on E-Bay at a chip which is £11 and states it will increase BHP by 8 and significantly increase the torque and the MPG?? Is this true or worth it cheers???

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back