rb20det 240sx engine decision?? help????!!!

hi, my plan for my 240sx was to put an rb20det engine in it, which costs like around 1300 i think to order, but a friend of my dad sais he ordered a ka24de from japan, and japan did engine work to it, it is not turbocharged its only dual head cams and electronicaly fuel injected, naturaly aspirated, like i said he had them do work to it and my dad said that he thinks his friend said it puts out around 300hp, this seems impractical to me considering it is not turbocharged and the stock engine comes with around 150hp??? he said he would sell it to me for 6 or 700$, it would really take the hassle of ordering an engine and shipping and stuff, but i just wanna know if it is possible to get 300hp from a KA24de naturaly aspirated engine??????? because if that is the case, even though i loovvveee the sound of the rb engines, the rb20det does not make 300hp stock, so it would just be better to buy the KA if it does make 300hp right, well thats my problem, i gotta know if it is possible for that engine to make 300hp without a turbo, it is tuned and modified, heelppp me! haha

Erm...what?

Your dads friend ordered a crate engine from Japan, on which the whole of Japan had worked on?

2.4 N/A engine...300bhp stock is not an easy or cheap task.

Either way you're behind the times. We're putting RB30DETT's in our 200sx's these days if you want big power. An SR20DET is good for 600bhp+....

Last edited:
no dude, im not behind times?? haha, i know all about those engines man, and dam they are amazing, i love the rb engines and i know all about the sr's, im just 16 years old and as you can imagine i dont make a lot of money, im not a rich kid either, so right now i dont have the money for and rb26dett or an rb30det, hopefully someday:bigsmile: but for now im gettin one of the cheaper engines, but i gotta know wat to do about this, i know it would cost a lottttt to tune a naturally aspirated KA engine to get 300hp outa it, but he did put money into it, the only reason he would be selling it to me cheap is because he totaled the car he was puttin the ka engine into, he is also selling an rb26dett, if i did somehow get the money to buy the rb26dett, what would i have to buy for the stock 240sx so it could handle that power besides a tougher clutch?? what kind of driveshaft?? i know there is more stuff you need, but what stuff??