R Reg Corsa 1.4 5door...

philyhad

Car
Corsa 1.4
Hi all, new here.

I've decided I should attempt to do something with my car. So I was hoping for some advice for a newbie! What would people advise for first few things to do to improve it.... I'm definately going to looking to new speakers etc cos plugging the ipod into the tape adapter is a little sad!

Any hint & tips would be great!

Thanks

Hi mate and welcome to TorqueCars. For big power gains I would strongly recommend an engine swap -you'll get a much better base to work from.

Suspension should be pretty high up on your list - the stock Corsa Suspension leaves a lot to be desired. The cheap option is to get some GSi springs and shocks from a breakers yard. (You might need to get aftermarket springs for the front due to the difference in engine weight.)

what u looking for power/performance. styling ice?
??

Having thought about it, ICE should be my first thing before anything else.

I know pretty much nothing about ICE though, so any help is great! With regards to the head unit, I will only be playing music though my ipod, and I've seen a few units that have adapters etc - what are the important things to look out for?

some claim to be ipod compatible but its nothing more than and aux input (3.5mm) that connects the the headphone socket - you still need to pick songs from the ipod.

others allow you to use the cd players interface to pick songs. In other words chuck the ipod in the glovebox and you only need to take it out to update the songs

sorry about any missing "c" or "t"s keyboards playing up a bit

PG - You've been typing TorqueCars too much then! :lol:

Have a read of the articles in the ICE section to get a good overview of what a good ICE setup entails.