Project: less-complex seating

mona25vienna

Car
toyota avensis
[FONT=&quot]Hi, my name is mona and I am a student from Vienna. I joined your group because I think here are lots of innovative people, who might help me with my issue.

Currently I am doing a project in my course "Sources of Innovation" where we carried out a survey about the latest trend in automotive seating rails.
So we found out that most people feel uncomfortable with complex operating devices, when they want to change their seat position. Some users have to dirve very often different cars and so they don’t want to search around for e.g. the seat gear in order to adjust their seating position. On the other hand, the problem of existing electronic solutions is that they are very complex and difficult to use. So the trend is more back to simple and easy to use solutions.

We are now searching for users who have solved this problem through new solutions. Maybe someone has a more standardized solution which can be adapted by more cars.

I really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I can find people who have done such changes at their carseats!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] And PLEASE don't be upset if you find my message in other groups I am doing my best for finding innovative people.

THANK YOU & BEST WISHES
mona;)
[/FONT]

I've never really had a problem. Most seat controls are fairly intuitive. Few have height adjustment and lumbar support, most have tilt and all slide forwards and backwards. Even despite the differences the controls are usually in the same places.

cant say ive every had a problem with seat controls, theve just about always been down the outside of the seat - granted some have wheels some have ratchets
electric ones ive seen arnt complex but proberly add a lot of weight to the car