Power loss whilst cornering at high revs - Help!

waggle

Hi ppl,

Got a strange engine problem that only occurs in sharp corners at high revs.

When accelerating out of a corner the revs seem to momentarily stick, car stops putting the power down and I get a strange.. sort of wooshing noise from the engine. Only for a second then the power starts getting put down again and all is okay.

It only happens in the bends when I am gunning it, so my first thought was a fuel pickup problem but the engine doesn't start to stall or anything it litterally just stops putting any more power down.

It is starting to happen more often now and I am getting a bit worried.

Has anyone encountered this problem before/got any idea on first things to check?

Any help would be greatley appreciated.

Engine - B16A2

Thanks,
Matt

I'm thinking may be your ESP is kicking in (if you have it) and cutting the power before you kill yourself or maybe oil surge & the oil is rushing to the far side of the engine. Does the oil light briefly flicker at the same time during cornering? Check the oil level too.

Last edited:
It could also be fuel starvation. Does it only do this on a partially full tank of fuel?

Thanks for your replies.

Loz - I haven't got ESP so won't be that. I haven't noticed a flickering oil light although I haven't really looked out for it. Will have to check the oil level when I get out of this office!

Waynne - I never have a full tank of fuel lol, I guess I will have to fill it to brim and see if it still happens.

Prince - Definately not lifting -its on the exit when i'm generally foot to the floor or close to.

Its very hard to describe the noise the engine makes when this happens but its basically like a rush of air or fluid sort of noise - Would you normally here a noise like this during any of these potential problems?

Im not going to be much help but I have had this problem before
sounds as if the there is watter washing around under the bonnet or somehting, it happend when i accelerated or turned a corner fats too. it happend for two days and i was going to take it to the garage but it just stopped happening

How long as yours been happening for ?