power issues

dibsen

Tuner
Car
Audi A4 1.9TDI
My car seems to be having a drop in power, almost like it is in "safe mode". I am thinking it is fuel or boost. I noticed yesterday when I pushed it a little the power band just feel flat around 3k. Then again today it was flat all around, if I floored it there was just nothing. It didn't studded or smoke or slow down, it just stayed at the same speed there was almost no acceleration.

Does anyone know what this could be?

the car is a 97' A4 1.9 tdi

sounds like its going into limp ode for some reason.

main cause is normally a boost leak or on the diesels the vanes stick.

remove the intake pipe and spray in some wd40 and work the actuator that controls the vanes

Might be worth pulling off the air intake pipe to the turbo. My son's S3 lost all power and acceleration. Took the pipe off to find the compressor impeller had disintegrated!

sounds like its going into limp ode for some reason.

main cause is normally a boost leak or on the diesels the vanes stick.

remove the intake pipe and spray in some wd40 and work the actuator that controls the vanes

Are you telling me this thing has a Variable vane turbo? because that is news to me. I will take a look at the compressor impeller. I did take off one of the charge pipes to get at my oil filter that mysteriously spun itself loose. So I will check to make sure all the hose clamps are tight.

You guys don't think its fuel?

I haven't drained the fuel filter at all. I read in the manual that it should be done periodically.

yes. 110bhp.

last night the motor was operating norm w/ a slight flat spot around 3k. much different from the all out loss of power.

I was abusing the car today and it ran fine. I still haven't changed anything.

I haven't checked the play in the turbo either.