Pothole budget is too small

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
This news article peaked my interest....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17376556

There is not enough money being spent on potholes. In my mind if a big and I mean massive amount of money was invested in replacing roads rather than repairing them there would be a long term saving as all this patching up is just throwing good money after bad.

What are your thoughts? Do you think they ever will bite the bullet and start looking at long term financial planning rather than the current year to year basis when it comes to infrastructure maintainance.

The problem could be solved easily. Gang chain prisoners, let them dig up the roads, prepare them properly and surface. no big budget needed for this. And prisoners are used for a good cause.

Thats a good idea especially since each prisoner is costing around £40,000 a year to lock up and keep.

There is just not enough money around to do a proper job, and I doubt we would actually want to pay the extra taxes to achieve proper road surfacing.

The prisoner idea is a good one though but they might all try to escape if they get let out.