pocket rocket needs to fly

andre8177

Car
Daihatsu Cuore 1.0
Hi I've got a Daihatsu Cuore 1.0 twin cam.... I want my lil car to kicked and turn heads.... What's the most affordable way to increase my cars power and speed? Possibly a list of require would help..... Plz I want my baby to bite not just bark....got a freeflow system but I was thing induction kit,branches and maybe an ECU and dyno tuned.. Any tips and advice?

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Sorry to say, but for such a small engine you would have to really spend some serious cash for very little gains in terms of performance.
Other than an engine swap, i'd suggest saving some money and moving on to a more tuneable car. ;)

Other than strip the thing out to save some weight, then i'd say no not really.
Anything is possible of course but the amount of money you would have to spend to see any sort of gain isn't worth it in my opinion.
Like i say, i'd save for a different car. Or again look at your options for an engine swap.

Just after the 1st reply I see the old charade 1.0 GTI CB60 3 cylinder 6 valve.... Pushing about 80 to 85kw. So I'm gonna call a guy in Joburg about that motor.But shot bro shot for the advice.sweet as bro.... Ill keep u guyz updated on my progress....have a good 1

Yup, me too. This, IMO, is the only economical way to gain any significant power increase from a small engine.

A small 20bhp kit would make this little car fly :) Extra power when you need or want it and the rest of the time a tame, economical car.

Greetings andre8177 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Hi guys.

I intend to modify an 1999 Cuore for autoslalom racing. Is not good for me to swap with another engine.

I will make an custom plenum with bigger runers, I will enlarge the throttle body, some head porting, I will increase compression ratio, and some pipes to grab cold air from outside. Olso I will decat exhaust. Or I will mount bike throttle bodies instead of custom plenum. But from which bike is good for this engine?

I am interested to increase bore and stroke of this engine. If anybody make already this modification, please put some info here. I need to know what pistons and crankshaft should I use. I looking also a bigger injectors. Do you help me please with this info?

You'll probably need a bigger fuel pump as well corsarino. Welcome to TorqueCars, really nice to have you along.

Is supercharging an option for you in this sport? Rather than increase the engine capacity a turbo would have quite a dramatic effect. It will be a lot of messing around but not that much more work than you were planning anyway.

Thanks T9Man and Obi_Waynne for your BIG HUGS, I like TorqueCars! It is a rule to be bold at TorqueCars? I am worried because it remains some hair on my head :).

Probably it is a good ideea a bigger fuel pump :). I find that injectors from Daihatsu engine 1.3 it works at Cuore 1.0. Maybe I get the fuel pump from 1.3.

Mechanical supercharger is good for this sport, is not good turbo(turbine), because of lag problem.

I'll wait more advice from Daihatsu boys.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back