phase 1 or phase 2 clio 172

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I nees a car for commuting which i can enjoy and hopefully will be cheap (ish) to run so have setled on the 1.7 Ford puma's and the Clio 172, Both cars which have a reputation as good drivers cars, I am mainly leaning torwards the Clio and looking to spend around £1500'ish, So which is the better car the phase one (Quicker) or the phase two (Better gearing) etc, Cheers all

Yugguy mate, are they as good as I read, why did you change yours, any good as an every day high mileage driver (100 a day) economical or not? Cheers matey

Mate I wish to this day we'd kept it but the missus was doing her back in getting a car seat in and out of the back cos it's 3 door.

As to fun, it's the most fun car I've ever driven, people can argue about build quality and stuff, I never had any problems with mine, but noone can ever say its not a very capable and enjoyable car. Corners like a limpet and is quick, 0-60 in 7 seconds. Its no exaggeration to say that on a twisty road not much will be able to lose it.

Ph 2 should have climate and cruise and auto hid lights and auto wipers. It's not very economical, early 30s, cos to get the most you have to rev it, but it's actually ok on the motorway.

There are loads of tuning options too, intake, exhaust, suspension, its possible to get another 10 or so bhp out of it.