Torque Cars

Peugeot clutch

Discussion in 'Peugeot forums' started by AZUM, 5 January 2011.

1. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

i finally discovered that not all peugeots come with the MAS & EGR but with MAP which i managed to located and clean this improved the pick of the car now i need some advise and easy steps to open the throttle body.

Is there a adjustment on the throttle body sensor on these cars

Thanks

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    is it cable or electronic thottle body ?

3. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

This is a ECU operated system. The vehicle has been put on the diagnostic and no error code is present, at first i thought the rav counter was faulty but its not. Its a Peugeot 206 there is something that is interferring with the rav counter why would it have erratic idle currently at idle either on warm or cold engine the need is pointing between 0 and 70.

4. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    the throttle body could be dirty but if the counters showing as low as 0 and the engine is still running then it sounds like its the counter thats at fault. can you hear the engine revs changing ?

did you refit the MAP sensor correctly as it will be using this to measure the airflwo

5. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

I checked the throttle body and its very clean to my surprise no residue clogged.

The ravs move from 0 it will go backwards to 70...60...50... and make a complete circle
    and this does not happen immediately i can drive the car for two days and its would still be at 0 on idle on warm or cold engine. there is a silient change in the rav, like there is mis and then it pick ups by 2mm the needle fluctuates.

The MAP fits in one way only no adjustment to it. The Haynes book mentions the Intake Air Temperatur Sensor well this is not present in the throttle where it says it should be most likely its in coporated with main throttle body.

this problem started when the vehicle went for service to authorized dealer i took it back like 3 times and they could not figure out whats wrong have put on the diagnostice and no fault codes appear. when the needle slowly completes the circle and arrives at around 2000 - 2500 the car has a very smooth run.

Any advise please

thanks