Torque Cars

Peugeot 405 estate central locking

Discussion in '405/406/407/408 forums' started by DrAndy, 20 September 2018.

1. DrAndy

DrAndy Newbie

France
    Car:
    405 Estate 1993 LHD
    Hi, does anyone have any idea where the central locking electronic control unit is situated? I've a Haynes manual for this model and it describes the units location as behind the glovebox - this is incorrect. I want to isolate the system as I have an operating fault with it and I would much rather go back to a completely manual system. This 1993 car is a left-hand drive model.
    Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome.
    Thanks in anticipation, Andy.

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
  3. DrAndy

DrAndy Newbie

France
    Car:
    405 Estate 1993 LHD
    Thanks so much for such a rapid reply. I wasn't aware of the '93 model change but it doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the link but it appears to be the same info as the Haynes manual. Undaunted I now intend to track down this elusive device by other means if possible, hand me my deerstalker and pipe, Watson.
    Once again many thanks. All the best, Andy.

Lunchmoney likes this.