Peugeot 307 XSi Gearbox

Big Ord

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Civic CDTi
Hi Guys,

After 82K miles I may need to replace the gearbox on my 307 XSi and to broaden my search a bit does anyone know if the 206 GTi 180 gearbox would also be a straight replacement?

Cheers

That seems like no mileage at all for a possible gearbox change! are you sure this is the problem?

Cheers for the replies.

Yeah 81k isnt a lot and i'm assuming but I'm pretty sure its my gear box tbh.

The problem started with a loud whining in 3rd after a lot of driving now its progressed to a rattling/grinding noise all the time in any gear (less when the clutch is down) except 3rd really which just whines all the time, now the gears especially 3 & 4 are becoming harder to select.

I did briefley think about the clutch because its done those miles on a single clutch if it was never changed before i bought it...

I'm going to check the oil level to be certain but it should be fine really, oil was changed about 20k ago when I put some ZX-1 in my gear box.

Update.....Re: Peugeot 307 XSi Gearbox

Got my gearbox looked at and the clutch was totally sound but the gearbox was completely wrecked!

Getting a new gearbox (and clutch) fitted but its a newer 307 box than my 140hp '03 model with longer ratio's and I'm guessing its from the 180hp Feline face lift model.

Quite possibly.

Do these engines still use the BE3 gearbox? if so then you have a choice of many gearboxes to use of loads of different Peugeots and Citroens though the years, I can suggest a few but unless it's a BE3 type box then the bell housing won't fit.