Torque Cars

Peugeot 306 D turbo - Mods

Discussion in '306/307/308/309 forums' started by davalav, 14 June 2011.

1. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    i would be well chuffed with it as it is.
    be nice to see what its producing from what you have done.
    do you know of and videos or links on how to build a bosch 11mm hybrid pump and parts needed.
    by the way i turned my acuator all the way in and then out 3 turns and it still pulls well so i am going to turn the fuel up again....is there a cut of point on turning up the max fuel ?

2. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Those pump are an easy diy job,

I can put a guide together or when you move back up hear i physically show you how to do.and what to buy...theres loads more things to consider than just wacking in an 11mm head, and that guy on ebay is having a laugh if he thinks that he'll get 180 ish quid for that pump... he probably doesnt have a test bench or use new parts and rebuild it
    ... diesel bob charge around 200 and they strip rebuild and test with any mods you want.... so hes dreaming....

As for max fuel... on the lucas pump its just a case of untill the screw wont go in any more...lol in some.ways the lucas can be better but overall the bosch is the best... :)

3. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Ill have to crack one open eventually (a lucas that is...)

4. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    ideal jarrus ,i will keep tweekin it up then,lol.i will stick with what i have got for the moment then and when i move back to the midlands...hopefully end of this year i will pay you to do it.i was going to get a seat leon cupra tdi but i have tuck a shine to the pug so i am gonna keep it and get my missus a little runabout.i have always had celicas my last one being a st202 just over 200bhp wich was fast for a 2.0,done a scooby 2000 awd turbo and lotus ellise and rover 220 gti turbo ect.sounded like a motorbike,lol.

5. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    sounds like a right list of cars mate :)

200hp is possible from these engines with the right mods, and keeping it reliable... ive done a lot of r and d on it.... just depends on how big your budget is... plus i wouldnt expect a lot to make the pump for you..

6. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    thats why i like these cars exellant on fuel and a deacent amount of power,darrenjlobb on youtube has one on a dyno at 213 hp,lol.i bet yours is about the same from what you have done.
    i turned my max fuel all the way in today and turned the wastegate screw out another full turn like you said{3 full turns out on wastegate now} and my psi has dropped from almost 17 to 15,any ideas why i cant get it to 18 psi...it is a lot faster than when it was standard thow ? lost for ideas of why.

7. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    you have to undo the lock nut (as you know) and turn the allen bolt inwards for more boost rather than out, 18-20 psi is where you want to be, you can go more but theres really no point on the standard turbo, due to heat, however this can be helped with a better intercooler and/or water/meths injection

Darren made that a long time a go now and hes done madder things since...i personally dont like some of his methods and im not a fan of him as a person....

I like to give people the facts and let them make there own decision on it, he doesnt....he thinks his word is gospel.... Take what he says as advise....and use it as just that...advise.....

as they say there is more than one way to skin a rabbit mate...

8. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    lol.soz for all the questions mate but i am new to all this tuning buisness :blink1:
    ill tweek it a bit more then.
    as i said i was looking to get a seat leon end of this year when i move back but i am gonna get a newer model 306 with lower miles cus the one i have got now is clocking up 250 mile a week so no point spending on it,its done 146,000 now.just wanted a bit more poke out of it.as for tuning with bigger turbo and fmic i will do that to the new one with your help:D
    that darren bloke has got a few mad videos,hes a cornish farmer i reacon.

9. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    I dont mind answering questions at all mate, i hate forums that just say 'use the search function' and yeah, darren is a farmer from cornwall...

146k is still bugger all for these engine even for tuning....youll struggle to find one with a significantly lower milage on it, have a look by all means but good 1.9 dt's are hard to come by

10. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    i would prefer summet with lower miles thow still,mine is the 75bhp,is the 92 bhp hdi one better to tune ?
    will a a td04 turbo fit on mine without to much messing about cus i have seen a few links saying they spool up better ?

Last edited by a moderator: 11 August 2012
  11. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Try getting a Xantia engine mate. Thats the route Ill be heading down eventually. Stronger bottom ends then the D turbo. Make for a good base to start tuning.

12. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    i would imagine they will go well with just a remap and tune.this is the first diesel and turbo car i have ever owned and i must say i prefer it to a petrol due to the fuel consumption and torque.what you done to your motor ?

13. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    mate yours.is.a. 90hp so is the hdi...

The 1.9s are easier to tune... and as said the xantia/406 1.9s are stronger, go for.engine codr dhx or d8b

14. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Td04 will require more effort to fit, but are far better than a t25

15. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    thought the phase 1&2 306 d turbos are 75bhp and the phase 3 hdi is 92bhp

16. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    do you have to drop the engine out to change the turbo.

17. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    No, both are 90 hp, hdi is 2.0l with slightly more midrange torque,
    My 205 is 75hp because it doesn't have the intercooler... and thats the same engine (almost, it's a 1.8 but are identical to the 1.9)

and no you don't have to take the engine out to change the turbo but you do need to undo the top engine mount and tilt the engine forward, inlet manifold has to come off also, you have to take the turbo off with the exhaust manifold and its a very heavy piece of iron....

18. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    Will do something else then ,lol.if i had a second car i would prob have a go myself as i like tinkering but i am not that clued up,only servicing and body work not major repairs.dont know where i got 75 bhp from.just checked ebay them xantias are cheap for the whole car.

Last edited by a moderator: 13 August 2012
  19. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    It isn't as difficult as it sounds mate... believe me... I never knew how to do an change change untill I gave it a go....

But to be fair, if you need to change the cambelt and turbo and are doing a few jobs on the engine like that then removing the engine would be easier...

20. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    there is a xantia 110 on ebay for £250 complete car spares.would be batter me just buying one at the end of the year for how cheap they are and get it tuned and then have the engine dropped in mine.used some 10k boost last week and the car rund alot better now...got rid of a small flat spot i had.

21. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Xantia 110 will be ethier a 2.1 xud or a 2.0 hdi, not a 1.9

Mineral engine oil in your fuel helps keep the pump abd injectors lubricated, buy a cheap bottle of mineral engine oil from tesco and put 500ml in every fill :)

22. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    ^^^ Really? :blink:

Is that only for that particular car J or can I pass that tip onto a friend of mine that has a 308.

23. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56

Mate, I have been fancing a stage 1 tune on my d turbo for a while, but am running out of money and am going to France on 27 august... So I would love to come visit you, but not yet! :( Any way, my engines done 200,000 miles! and it still pulls extremely well. My main aim is to run the old engine into oblivion, and buy a Xantia lump and work from that.

24. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    2.1 xud or a 2.0 hdi should drop straight in mine then ? which one is the better option ?
    that mineral engine oil...can i get that from morrisons or do local part dealers sell it cus i am in a rural area and tesco is 20mile away,lol.

25. bayley

bayley Tuner

cornwall was willenhall
    Car:
    306 d turbo
    does it make a differance what grade of mineral oil it is 10w 30, 15w 40 so on.