peugeot 306 1.8 16V

davkin02

Car
peugeot 306 1.8 16V
Hello all, I'm David. I wanted to start a discussion on the 306 1.8 16V its satistical figures state 0-62 mph in 11.1 seconds. However I tested mine on a dry road and got roughly 9.2 seconds. What's up with that? Anyone want to add to the discussion?

Hello there buddy and Welcome to Torque Cars.
I find that most manufacturer figures are estimates anyway so you may well get a quicker time than stated. Conditions also play a big part too.

Firstly thanks for replying and so quick too lol. I'm thrilled with the performance of my car especially as it's my first car. But how can peugeot estimate so poorly just about 2 seconds out most other cars manufactuers get theirs bang on. Is this the same with other peugeots or what? I hear the 306 gti is quite fast.

Firstly thanks for replying and so quick too lol. I'm thrilled with the performance of my car especially as it's my first car. But how can peugeot estimate so poorly just about 2 seconds out most other cars manufactuers get theirs bang on. Is this the same with other peugeots or what? I hear the 306 gti is quite fast.

The 306 GTi-6 is a very quick car.
I've always found that manufacturers car stats are never reliable anyway.
Have you done any mods to your car?

Glad u asked, since I bought the car I have only installed a k&n apollo cis but I have been playing around with the air flow adding air ducts and repositioning the filter. And currently iam happy with the results I've estimated a 0-60 mph of 8.6 seconds, I know its not a lot but its fun to tinker with and I also get a little torque steer when pulling away in 1st gear, but my brothers don't believe me.

Glad u asked, since I bought the car I have only installed a k&n apollo cis but I have been playing around with the air flow adding air ducts and repositioning the filter. And currently iam happy with the results I've estimated a 0-60 mph of 8.6 seconds, I know its not a lot but its fun to tinker with and I also get a little torque steer when pulling away in 1st gear, but my brothers don't believe me.

Quite a few cars still get Torque steer when booted from a standstill.
I used to have a Fiesta XR2 and it had uprated cams, Ashley branched manifold with a bigger exhaust all the way through. It had an uprated Webber carb also. It was evil for Torque steer. It used to spin in first second and third. So much fun though ;)

Lol. Nice! I'm new to all this moding anyway I only bought the filter to see what all the fuss was about but it slowly got addicting. I'm so tempted to buy other things like manifold, springs and short shifter kit if it wern't for the money and installation costs. I want to race my friends fiesta ST I think i'd give him a good shot for his money, what do u think or should I save myself the embaressment?

Lol. Nice! I'm new to all this moding anyway I only bought the filter to see what all the fuss was about but it slowly got addicting. I'm so tempted to buy other things like manifold, springs and short shifter kit if it wern't for the money and installation costs. I want to race my friends fiesta ST I think i'd give him a good shot for his money, what do u think or should I save myself the embaressment?

Buddy your going to need plenty of mods to keep up with a Fiesta ST.

You probably got fed up with me after that last statement and I don't blame u I'm one of those hopefuls. I got a youtube link here u might wana watch of a completely stock 306 but it might not load since I copied it from my g1 phone but if not search 'peugeot 306 1.8'and tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOhTYHNd10

They're allowed to over-read by up to 10%. So an indicated 60 would be 54mph true speed.

Are you getting to (indicated) 60 without changing into 3rd?

You probably got fed up with me after that last statement and I don't blame u I'm one of those hopefuls. I got a youtube link here u might wana watch of a completely stock 306 but it might not load since I copied it from my g1 phone but if not search 'peugeot 306 1.8'and tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOhTYHNd10

Not bad buddy. Seems pretty quick. With a few mods though it could be better ;)

They're allowed to over-read by up to 10%. So an indicated 60 would be 54mph true speed.

Are you getting to (indicated) 60 without changing into 3rd?

Yes that seems about right but I just drove home and used the gps and it clocked it 57 mph

OK, so you need to read 65 to be doing a very nearly true 62mph. 62 is exactly 100kmh, which is what most European manufacturers quote.

A late hello and welcome from me to. Perhaps egines improve with age! (Another thread coming up!)

In cold weather you can usually get faster sprint times. There is also a small delay between the timer saying go and the driver getting the message from his brain to his feet. If you time it youself you will get a 0 second launch delay.

Perhaps manufacturers quote slower for cheaper insurance premiums. There can actually be quite a difference between the same models engines so maybe they just quote lower and you are lucky enough to have a good engine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back