Peugeot 306 1.6 petrol

Peugeot Wolf

Car
Peugeot 306 1.6
heya all, for a starters was just wondering if my ecu on this car could be re-mapped. if not what sort of mods can i get for this vechile.

i also need a place where i can get some decent body kits and interior styling. oh and i need alot of gauges e.g. water, oil, rev, air intake all thats sort of thing.

can anyone help me out.

im into modified cars and i love the 306. i was wondering if i could stick a turbo on it, if so what type of turbo and what else would i need to change.

many thanks brad

hey and welcome to the site.

nope the ECU cant be mapped as i think its too old and therefore would require the older chipping method.
guages - ebays generally a good place to pick up a lot them

as for turboing its a lot of work and expense you would be better getting a already turboed engine from PSA and fitting that in its place as by the time you have bought the turbo, got custom manifolds made up, low compression pistons, stronger conrods, stronger crank its a lot of money

PSA is Peugeot/Citroen.

You won't gain much by re-mapping or chipping the ECU - 5 to 6 bhp at best. This will only be at the top of the rev range as well, although they might be able to even out the torque curve a bit.

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as bolting on a turbo. It's a massive job to do properly. Apart from all the plumbing the engine internals will nedd substantial alteration to reduce the compression ratio and provide adequate cooling. It can be done, but you ought to budget £3000-£4000 for a proper installation.

The 2.0 HDi diesels are easily tuned via the OBD2 port. 110bhp will go to a comfortable 150bhp.

If you want torque and performance without spending loads of money then start with a common rail diesel

PSA is the owing company for Citroen and peugeot there isnt a website for them.
what i mean is go find something like the Mi16 from a Citroen BX or Peugeot 405 if you can still find one or look towards the new 1.6 thats used in the 307 GTi or the new mini cooper S as its the same engine and fit that

A friend of mine fitted the 406 3litre V6 to his 306. Was a right pain and he wished he didnt do it.

Buy a GTI-6 and be done with it.

I'm still looking at getting a 2.2 hdi for my car I contacted pug1off and no reply so far

as for the 1.6 just look for Saxo vtr mods as they apply to your engine as well
but i'd say just get a gti6 they are awsome cars