Peugeot 206 upgrade (Archive)

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By vyztor (80.58.4.174) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 09:13 am: Edit

Can I put the 206 Gti 180 bhp engine into my 206 GTi 138 bhp? What I really need?

I don't understand how can I make my car turn into a rally car with 384 bhp for only £1600 (the www.pugrally.co.uk doesn't exist).

Muchas gracias desde España
vyztor

By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 11:40 am: Edit

I HAVE JUST GOT HOLD OF A PEUGEOT 206 1.6 XSi, BUT I WANT TO IMPROVE THE POWER OUTPUT BELOW 3500 RPM ANY SUGGESTIONS.

By Anonymous on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:21 am: Edit

Try a swirl valve in the air intake - Ekotec do one - have you checked it's tuned up and been serviced properly?

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 01:04 pm: Edit

if u go to www.pugrally.co.uk they can turn ur car into a rally and get it to the magic 384 bhp and rally suspension bascly the full lot i got it done and it cost £1600 but it is well good wen u can beat evos and scoobys off the line and top end but u have to have a 1.6Xsi

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 01:06 pm: Edit

can i drop a 2.0 turbo in to a 1.4 glx how much will it cost and weres the best place t go?

By pugman on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 09:11 am: Edit

An mi6 engine will go into the old 205 with a fixing kit so I guess it'll go into the 206 - I don't know if this has ever been done. If I find anyone I'll put them in touch.

By Ian mcleod on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 02:36 pm: Edit

is it possible to put an mi6 engine or a gti6 or a 206 gti 130bhp in a 206 quicksilver what would the prices be about.

By Jefz (80.43.195.63) on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Other than a different gearbox and needing a new computer it's a fairly easy job. You may also need to adjust the suspension as there can be quite a weight difference.

By Salim (62.114.29.98) on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 11:00 am: Edit

can i drop a 1.6 or a 2.0 in a a stock 1.1 206, and r there any troubles or issues that will occur or that i should look out for??

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 01:07 pm: Edit

can i drop a 2.0 turbo in to a 1.4 glx how much will it cost and weres the best place t go?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Pugmodz on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 10:36 am: Edit

Hi Thomas, Scissor doors look pretty cool on the 206! If you got for a port & polish it's best to get it gas flowed and you will need the benefit of a sports exhaust. I Dont think a K&N or superchip will do much for your performance - have you thought about forced induction - superchargers or turbochargers set to low boost?

By thomas usher on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 10:11 am: Edit

please e-mail me

By thomas usher on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 10:10 am: Edit

i am planning on getting a new ish 206 1.6 xsi, i have already herd good reviews about them that they are fast but i want mine to stand out from the crowd, i know about k n n air intakes and sports exhausts but i am wanting to go firther that that i am wanting to have my engine ported and polished, new racing cams and cam shaft and a super chip but i know near to nothing about this area of tuning could some one help me out, also i know of no where in my area to have any of this done (northallerton) thanks

By george (213.5.76.88) on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 01:46 am: Edit

i have a little problem with my 206.i have made a few modifications like the air filter and the exaust.specificly when i shift any gear over 5000 - 6000 rpm the car seem to sound and feel like something cuting of the air.i need the hall horse power until 7000 - 7500 rpm. could you please tell me a few tip so to know what to do?
george form greece

By tyriael (193.4.190.250) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

hi there how much can i tune a 206 1,6 XS? it has no power at all (compared to my VW Golf GTI) and i really need to tune one 206 for my friend, where is the best place to find performance parts for peugeot?

By andres t (200.113.27.170) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 02:52 am: Edit

I own a 206 RC with a 180 hp engine. I would like to know if there is any alectronic available to increase the engine power

By Lee on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 12:14 am: Edit

Ello, i just need some advice on gettin more power out of my 206! its only a 1.4 8v. I was just wondering whats the best way of getting more power out of it! If anyone knows any sites with like a step by step guide to making it fast tell me! :p Thanks, Lee.

By micheal adamson on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 09:52 pm: Edit

i have a pug 206 1.1 and im wanting to tweak a little bit more power out of my engine wiyhout affecting driveability of the car ive fitted a peco big bore two back box,induction kit with heat shield and cold air feed pipe decat and lowered by 40mm also just recently fitted 1.6 front vented brakes i want to supercharge it if poss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By pugman on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:00 am: Edit

Hi Mark - Sounds like a big project to me. I think the engine mounts are different so you'll need these from the donor car. You will need a new loom, gearbox, ecu as well. You will also need to sort the suspension as there is a big weight difference in engines - wider wheels would help put the power down. On a hunch I would say to go with the 106 engine rather than a Saxo there could be differences in the mounts, or other less obvious changes that Citroen made.

By mark lund on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 12:11 pm: Edit

I am wanting to change my engine in my 206 1.1 because it is crap and slow. It is an 04 reg car and I want to put a (saxo vts 1.6 16v) or a (106 gti 1.6 16v) they are the same engeine but I cant find out from anywhere what I need to change the engine: ecu, loom, drive shafts, gear box, key fob, I just dont know, Please help me out.

hey all, i have a 206 1.4 16v twin cam quicksilver on a 54 plate. looking for the possibility of adding a turbo or supercharger. does anyone know if theres any available, or what the job would intail. can this actually be done, or is it a 'get a better engine first tight fisted *#*#*#*#' type of job

my parents hav a 180 nd there awsome go for it if thats wot ure thinking

You would be looking at fitting some decent fast-road cams, probably wanting to look at head work, as well as forged pistons. It may also involve a custom exhaust manifold, and super thin radiator, just so you have enough room to squeeze in the charger!

If you are going for a turbo then you would need an intercooler and oil cooler, and similarly a charge cooler (optional) with a supercharger. Also you would need extra injectors, or bigger injectors to deal with the increased amount of petrol required in the cylinders.

To make the most of it you would want a decent breathing system (induction, inlet manifold work, decent 2.5in exhaust system), and to top it all off you would need an ECU remap, or perhaps even a stand-alone ECU which will need to be mapped.

Sooner or later your drive system will probably get rippped to shreds also, so appropriate parts will be required there!

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, but I'd say it was more feasable to go for a throttle body conversion, as well as head work, cams and breathing mods; followed by a remap.

Hope this helps and doesn't just put you off tuning!

Freddie.