Performance Chips??

Big Whitey

Car
Hyundai Accent
Hey folks,

Sorry for the double post but just wondering if anyone had any insight if performance chips actually work or not??

Thanks alot!

Which performance chips do you mean? Something like a superchips? Or those crap resistors off ebay.
Oh and don't worry about the post one of the moderators will move it for you buddy.

Looking at both superchip and a Bulldog chip... the was also a site I was looking at that was called performance chips I was thinking about looking at....... would this do anything with a full new exhaust on?

Looking at both superchip and a Bulldog chip... the was also a site I was looking at that was called performance chips I was thinking about looking at....... would this do anything with a full new exhaust on?

If you want the best gains then do All the engine mods before getting the ecu. If you do the engine first then get the ecu you can have it all set up at the same time and you will get a better Bhp gain.

Chipping only really works on pre 99 cars since them most have a OBD port on them and the ecu can be altered through that. so theres no real reason to open the ecu and hack it up to change the chip

should be noted however on a nasp engine your only looking at a max of 4-10 bhp.

and no worries ill move it, jut dont do it again ;)

Hi there and welcome. I can only reiterate what PG has said. The power gains will be negligable and if the car has an OBD port then a reflash is easier to do than a chip swap.

Gains from OBD-1 cars and before,

when combined with a better intake and exhaust are in the order of 10%.

No good quoting how much actual hp as this is relative. A 300-350hp 5-litre GM or Ford engine is going to get way more than this.

As an example, this is a website that shows relative gains withPCM/ECM tuning of OBD-II cars (GM V8's mostly). But you'll get the idea.
To convert Killerwatts to real hp multiply by 1.34.............

http://www.chipmaster.com.au/

This site is used not for promotion but because it is a trusted site that doesn't make wild claims and the dyno sheets are validated and corrected to J607 standard.

Last edited: