Parts for the 306 xs

JVR

Car
306, 2.0, xs, st.
Im looking to find out if i can use any parts from others cars with a performance increase. Like gti cams or manifold cause i cant seem to find out anywhere. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

There are some similarities between Citroen and Peugeot. Which year and engine do you have and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

Why not just get some new fast road cams rather than stick some in from another model? Another option is getting your own cam reground into a fast road profile.

Its the 2.0, 98. And i would also like to hear if thats phase 1 or 2. My guess would be phase 1 but just to be sure. And bodykits for the st. car can normal bodykits be fitted or?'

Edit: And well its alot cheaper to get cams and other stuff from car breaker(if thats the right word).

Yea but i wanna keep it as low cost as possible. I know you cant get the best unless u pay for it. But this is just meant to be a little fun project nothing serious. And just another question. What would be the best combo of parts to fit on the car for maximum performance (and reasonable price)?

And sorry for my english and grammar mistakes :)

Might as well go out and buy a new car then.. Problem is that cars are very pricy in dk.. Thats why im asking for upgrades and not engine swaps.

Sorry DK = Denmark. How much trouble would it be to put in the mi16 engine? Anyone tried it or knows anyone that did

if you are looking for better performance on the cheap do what most other 306 owners do drop the suspension and loose as much weight from the car as possible
i have driven a lowered and stripped 1.8 meridian and ok it wasnt 1 of the quickest cars i have driven but it handled that well it showed up alot more powerful cars around the bends

and i just had a quick look and a 98 will be a phase 2

Thanks for the phase info. Well i thought about trimming it of everything but its not really practical as a everyday car then. And i would like to keep my sound system ;)

Mi-16 engine has been fitted into the 306 before :D

and you have a phase 2 car....mines a 98 and it's a phase 2

But as some else mentioned before a gti-6 conversion is an option....but you basically have the same engine as a gti-6 but tuned down...(you have the later 16v model rather than the 8v)

then block and head are the same....they both are XU variants and use most of the same parts...so the intake manifold...the exhaust manifold the cams will all fit into your engine as well as the gti-6 6speed box however you would need to modify your steering rack to compensate for the extra gear.... plus upgrade your front brakes...the rears are the same as the gti-6 and so is the rear beam setup

so there you go problem solved :D