Paint chips on red Alfa

toni3750

Car
Alfa Romeo 147 Hatc
Hi, I hope someone may have an answer for my dilemma. I've had my red Alfa 147 5 door hatch for about 6 weeks, beautiful car, but I am very disappointed :sad2: with the paint chips that are appearing along the bottom strip below the doors, around the front bit of the back wheel arch and the bottom strip of the car when the door is open with a few various chips appearing higher up. I have not been on any gravel roads and the car has only been driven to and from work. I am now wondering if the tyres could be the problem. They are the wider low profile style 245/17" or could it be a fault with the red paint. It is a 2008 model with only 27,000klm. The previous owner also only drove it a short distance to and from work and when I bought the car I was aware of only a few little chips around the wheel arch, but since then they have certainly increased. Any ideas, advice much appreciated.

Welcome to T.C matey good to have you. Well yes wider than stock tyres could certainly be chipping your paint if they are sticking out beyond the arches in any way. Even tarred roads have a certain amount of loose gravel on it. So either fit some mud guards or flaps check e- bay, or return to narrower tyres.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Yea thought of getting some flaps myself but haven't noticed a need for it yet since I fitted the wider tyres but I personally wouldn't be able to go to narrower tyres, I've just got to have a bit of stance.