Oil dip sticks....missing

Geoff5050

Car
Focus Zetec S
Noticed some car manufacturers have stopped fitting oil level dip sticks e.g. Volvo being one...they just rely on sensors to check oil level.Maybe I am old fashioned do not like idea.

Dip sticks are fail safe |B It's drivers/owners who fail to use them regularly that fail \B

ya ' i had read somewhere that the new models of some marque BMW? didn't even have a dipstick only a oil level sensor the came on when the level dropped to a certain pt so I said: OK 1, find the level of oil in the pan when full and mark it .2, and take off the oil pan 3, get one of the glass or plastic sight windows that are used by many motorcycles - like on a Yamaha( or even an air compressor motor ) they come w/ the window, gasket and some form of securing it here's one that was on amazon.com 4, fit the window 5, reinstall the oil pan 6, Fill w/ oil again ! 7, use your harbor freight inspection camera to ck the oil level

Click Link At Bottom

uxcell Air Compressor Fittings Metal 1/2"PT Threaded Oil Sight Glass

Price: $6.33 Free Shipping for Prime Member

Only 19 left in stock - order soon.
Want it Thursday, Oct. 19? Order within 4 hrs 37 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by uxcell and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Product Name : Oil Level Sight Glass;Material : Metal, Glass
Color : Clear, Black, Red, Silver Tone;Thread Size : 1/2"PT
Overall Size : 26 x 15mm/ 1" x 0.6" (D*T)
Net Weight : 15g
Package Content : 1 x Oil Level Sight Glass

I too prefer the dipstick. I know few drivers actually use their dipstick but It's something I check regularly, as do most car enthusiasts. My last car drank 1 litre of oil every 1000 miles (normal apparently for a 2.0 TFSi engine) so it was a habit I needed to get into. The current car oil levels stay rock solid for 6 months and even then only need slightly topping up.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back