newbie!

gaz3932

Car
lancer gs4 2.0 D
Hi all!
I'm new to this so i may well be asking some really bone questions, so i apologise now! I've just brought myself the new lancer gs4 diesel. I was hoping somebody out there could point me in the right direction as to how to go about getting more bhp for it. I've been told it can't be re-mapped or chipped but would an induction kit work? Or maybe a turbo upgrade?
Cheers peeps!
Gaz.:confused: I forgot to mention it's the 2.0 diesel turbo.!

Last edited:
HEY AND welcome mate.
from what im lead to belive induction kits dont do much for diesels maybe only a couple of bhp, turbo upgrade will add a fair bit but the injectors would need to be set up to match as well, downside of this is that you would need the ECU mapped - now if this cant be done do you know if it will take a seperate managment or a kiddy back.

Ohh the other downside would be the cost, for me to upgrade from my turbo to its slightly bigger brother is around £700 for a new one thats direct fit. going all out again for the same turbo used in the 225 and 240 audi TT am looking at around a £1-1500, and these dont include getting the engine mapped.
Going down the big turbo route (300+bhp ) am looking nearer £4k in total

Hi gaz and welcome to TorqueCars (Sorry i'm a bit late - i've been away!)

The remap is certainly your best bet on this car. The cost of a turbo upgrade is loads in comparison wheras a remap will be done for around £300-400.

Suspension and handling on diesels always leaves me cold so you might want to uprate the handling.

Thanks wayne,

Ill give it another go asking around for a re-map, I did get a reply from angel tuning and they reckon that a piggy back might be possible. When it comes to re-mapping whats the normal bhp gain?

Also i'm hoping to make my motor sound a bit better with an induction kit, i know there probably wont be any difference to the bhp but do you think it's worth while or should i just save my pocket money up and go for the new back box?

As with the suspension it's actually not that bad, I live in Germany most of the time so ride is'nt a major issue, just keeping up with the big boys on the autobahn!

Remapping can add 20-30% to the performance of a diesel and sometimes even more than that.

I think a back box would be better than an induction kit.

The German roads are pretty smooth - especially compared to those in the UK, namely KENT!