stigilly

Hi just joined I,ve got an AUDI A4 1.8T sport 1995 130k witch runs like a car with 30k and goes like s--t of a shovel. I live in the highlands of Scotland and look forward to sharing info and tips etc with the rest of you good people

Hi stigilly, welcome to Torquecars - Scotland - all those open roads great. Us lot down south have daily traffic jams to contend with so we are a little jealous :mrgreen:

The 1.8T Sports are great little engines - and as you say they cope well with high mileages. have you done any modifications yet?

Hi the only mod so far is a KandN57i induction kit wicch seems to have done a fair bit of good especialy at the top end of the rev range although I was surprised to read in the forums that one guy thaught it had ruined the bottom end torque I did,nt find this with my car . If any body has any tuning tips they would be gratefully received i.e ones that don,t look as if they cost much as my wife is keeping a close eye on me as she says this car has turned me into a hooligan . Cheers thanks for the reply to my posting it,s more than I ever got from audifans

Generally turbos are the only cars that respond well to induction kits. I tried one on my A3 1.8T and it caused a bit of a flat spot just after 2000 rpm with a panel filter this was not the case. I'm more concerned about my MPG than my 0-60 these days so the top end boost does not have much exitement for me. The best value mod by far for your car is a remap it will take you to 200bhp or 300 if you swap the turbo!! Loads of torque not bad fuel consumption and all for around £250! :twisted:

Some audi forums are a bit snobbish - unless you have a TT or car with less than 4 miles on the clock they are not interested.

If your A4 is FWD I woudln't go over 225bhp - the traction problems are horrendus and will cause massive torquesteer.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back