Newbie with some crazy ideas.

ignas

Car
Evoque
Looking to replace my Landcruiser Troopcarrier & Audi A3 Ambition with a Range Rover Evoque. All the sites for modifications I find are for road cars. Anyone know of any forums, websites, links, etc. for ideas & supplies of "Off-Road" parts, Mods, etc. for the Evoque & hopefully in Australia but anywhere will help? Cheers Paul.

What are your pans? Jacking up the suspension and going full on MAD MAX style? or are you creating a functional off road car you can have a bit of fun in at the weekends and something sensible(ish) for the rest of the week?

Do you have any local Landrover off road clubs near you? I find the guys quite friendly and helpful and parts used will not be worlds away from the Evoke.

Just half Mad, Half Max. Probably a 2" Lift (legal without the costly Engineer's Certificates, Transport Dept inspections, etc.). 2nd set of wheels, smaller diameter to suit taller mud tyres. Won't go down the path of overall taller wheels/tyres as that affects acceleration, braking & MPG. Did that to my Troopy & now it stops & starts like an oil tanker. Possibly an easily (hopefully) swappable, second-hand frontend/bumper section, cutout to suit a higher approach angle & bash plate. Tow hooks, Dual Battery System & finding somewhere to fit a smallish Gel or Li-Ion battery (the latter if compatible??) Gotta keep those beers cold! So, similar to your question but more so schizo, shorts & flip flops on the weekends, suit & tie for weekdays.

Yes, trying to track down the clubs. I was a member of a Landcruiser club a while ago. I'm sure there are heaps of mods/parts for Land/Range Rovers here. I'm thinking very little for the Evoque due to it being more of a bitumen beast & our tiny population limiting a market for parts. Looks like some costly importing parts are necessary.

Ahh, & I just got your last point. Some parts should be interchangeable with out Landy models. Thanks!!

Yep, that's the design copy. Sandblast the Evoque's paintwork, pipes through the bonnet & an easily accessible air filter. Those pipes should bbq plenty of the huge bird-sized bogan moths & some other insects we have here. Makes for a quick snack after a night drive.

Hi there, it's great to meet you. I'm sure you'll love the site, it's a really friendly and helpful bunch of guys on here.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back