Newbie starts to modify...

flex

Car
Honda Civic 1.6 MT
hello torquecars.com forumers :amuse:

i've been reading inside this honda civic owners thread and found good ideas (or sounds like that) how to upgrade my car's performance. i have a 1.6 Vtec MT used everyday going to the office and definitely would like to add more power under the hood first.

as it is, 1st are the intake and exhaust system, and the oil change...

...found this thread:

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f62/do-i-turbo-supercharge-my-b16a2-6047/

would like to do the same thing though... i don't know if that's recommended to my car. i don't even know what is meant by supercharging and how it is done, im lost with the terminologies used in that thread. all i know is it adds bhp and that's good.

please help me sort things out... i don't have a high budget, all i can do is around US$800 at a time.

Alright buddy your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you need 10 posts to upload pics and links. I've authorised it for you this time. Have a wander round the forum mate and get posting you'll soon hit 10.
Oh welcome to Torque Cars as well.

thank you turbonutter69...

by the way, i got another inquiry... whenever i reach 75kmh the steering wheel starts to vibrate a little, as i approach 85kmh it slowly disappears. a month ago it was worst, vibrating like i'm passing through a cobblestone road (same speed). i already changed the front tires and have it aligned. i don't know what to check next...

its tracking and balancing needs to be sorted, also if you have alloys, make sure theres a spigot ring inside them, its important to centre the wheels perfectly

im pretty sure alignment and wheel balancing was done during the time i bought new tires, regardless i'll double check...

sorry for this prevtec, what is a spigot ring?

...guess i need a crash course in automotive basics, still have a lot to read and learn.

A spigot ring is the little rubber ring inside your wheels. It stops the rim sticking onto the hub if it rusts and also centres the wheel. What suspension are you running?

thanks for those info prince and prevtec...

i did some checking about that spigot ring and the mechanic did some wheel balancing and re-alignments. the result was better, but there's still minimal vibration/wiggling as i approach 80kmh mark (not like before where it is so noticeable).

i still have this stock suspension on my car. in the future when i'm about to change this, what specs am i have to look for?

ok, my next on the list is the radiator problem. every time i travel, say 40km, it starts to overheat. water on its reservoir are already empty and so does inside the radiator. im thinking its the fan because the gauge heats up whenever i slow down or stop for traffic, but i see the radiator fan the is turning. what could be the problem?

for now whenever i see that the gauge rise above its normal i tend to stop at a gas station to let it cool down and reload water into it; buying food and stuffs as i wait.

the fact your outa water seems the most obvious its the water that does the cooling the fans not really needed when driving as the cold air will travel through cooling the water in the radiatior before it goes through the engine.

try looking for leaks if your filling it.
ohh and youll need antifrezze/coolant in there as well as the water itself wont hold together with the higher temps ( turns to steam)

could be your termostat, their cheap and easy to fix,
so if you cant find a leak, that would be the next thing check