newbie looking for advise

a11mcr

Car
audi a6 1.8t LPG
hi all I have searched the net but I am still no further on, I have a 2002 a6 1.8t with an AWT engine and EHV gearbox and solid flywheel and carbon Kevlar clutch, I am looking to tune it upto abut 250bhp on the cheap so I am looking for some advise form others who have tuned their cars, all help greatly received.
Mark

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Hi there, a remap is the best value mod you can do. If you can afford a turbo upgrade then do this first and you should hit your power figure.

A remap will yield around 50bhp more on it's own but with a larger turbo (*a hybrid or the KO4 IIRC) you should be able to push power to the 250-300bhp mark. Fuelling may become an issue at the upper end of this.

Speak to Awesome GTI in manchester, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

thanks for the advise, is the k04 a direct replacement or are other parts needed as they seem to sell for around £180 on ebay? but they are different ones so which one will I need?
mark

I'm not 100% sure - the AWT is slightly different to what I'm used to playing with the AGU Block is my forte!

The turbo should in theory bolt straight on (80% of KO3 to KO4 conversions do just bolt on) BUT I don't know about the space around the turbo and pipe configurations in the A6 so you might need a different manifold or to move some pipes around.

See if there are companies that offer KO4 fitting kit and what's included. Check with your mechanic and see what he says.

Thanks Wayne, I will have a look, I don't have a mechanic (I do it all myself) but from what I can see it could just be the hose pipes that are a different diameter? all I know is there are k04-022, k04-025, k04-026?
Mark