Newbie Looking For Advice.

Kev82

Car
AstraGTC 2.0CDTiSRi
Hi,
My names Kev from Hartlepool (N.East of UK) I'm 31 and have recently come across this forum through Google while hunting for some advice/info on Re Mapping my car.

Basically I have a 14 reg Vauxhall Astra GTC 2.0CDTi with Eco Flex and 750 miles on the clock. I love the car, it's spacious, got plenty of gadgets, looks lovely and has a decent engine with just a few flaws. It's a Turbo so I have flat spots in 2nd and 3rd gear and is a little sloppy in accelerating (I know it's a diesel but I have had quicker accelerating diesels before) it does 500 miles approx on a full tank town running and would love to spice up the power somewhat.

I've been looking into getting it re mapped and have had a few quotes of price and what to expect in improvements (BHP etc.) I've been quoted between £200-£320 and have been told to expect a slight improvement in MPG and approx. 28-40 BHP extra. My Astra is 165BHP as it is so taking it to around a max of 205BHP sounds ideal to me.

I am wondering if anybody has had this model of car re mapped already and if they found it worthwhile/not worthwhile, if there was any problems afterwards and if they could recommend a company to use.

Sorry for the long intro post, just thought I could chance my arm and I look forward to seeing if I can get any replies! I posted this in the welcome forum but have found this Vauxhall Section so thought I'd pop it in here too.

Best Regards,
Kev.