newbie focus 1.8

rabcgray

Car
focus 1.8 edge
looking for a bit of advice please:

stainless exhausts, which one would anyone recommend? thinking about a scorpion with 4" slash, catback? wanting a great note.

what about lowering? i've got 17's with low-profiles so there's quite a gap? gmax do a kit that lowers 50, spax do 40 for about the same price, do you think it could take 50, or would 40 be plenty (bearing in mind i'm gonna fit a strut brace too)?

i'd like to fit a k&n 57i kit as well, a catback system would stop any power loss issues is that right?

thanks for your help,

robbie

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, its good to have you along.

Scorpion exhausts do sound great. 4inches is massive, is this just a backbox or a full system?

Suspension wise you really need some height adjustable dampers so you can get the setup right. You get what you pay for so look around for the best kit, try Koni, Belstein and Tein and see what they offer before you part with your money.

Normally I would say stick with a 35-40 mm drop, any more any you might have other issues with tyre wear and drive shafts unless you get it properly setup and adjusted.

cheers,

it's a full system with a 4inch tailpipe, the rest is 2.5 inch if memory serves.

i'll definitely shop around for proper suspension, it's an 05 plate (still the best old angular shape) so i don't want to just stick on any old setup.

nice one thanks for the advice!

robbie

Last edited: