New Tyres

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
Just got four new tyres and I am very impressed with the price.

Michelin Primacy HP 225/55 R16 95W for £140 each all in !! Yes - balanced, valved, fitted, old carcasses disposed of.

And a full four wheel alignment for £38 at the same place.

Can you get BMW steelies to fit an E39?

I'd like to think so. But my research last year was not productive, nor forthcoming.

My bigger concern is British insurance underwriters who want to treat the fitment of winter tyres as a mod and charge me accordingly.

Slightly unfair, I feel. Insurers used to be very relaxed about everything I felt - I have a rock solid and claim free record for nearly 25 years so I'm a little disappointed to be treated as a second class citizen.

Anyone one in need of tyres in the West Midlands - look out for Aline in Wellington Road, Dudley.

The service quality is execptional. I travelled from South Oxon and very very happy with the results.

Anyone one in need of tyres in the West Midlands - look out for Aline in Wellington Road, Dudley.

The service quality is execptional. I travelled from South Oxon and very very happy with the results.

You travelled all the way to the black country without stopping in to say hello?

lol

Just kidding, seriously though, why did you travel so far out of your way to get tyres from there, I'm sure there are many good tyre depots by you.

Do you have there phone number?

Nice tyres, how do they compare with the previous ones you had?

Previously I had Barum Bravuris 2 Assymetrics on there. They were very impressive, drove very like Conti Premium Contact 2's. They also looked like 'em and were indeed made by Conti.

Only real downside was the wear rate.

However, the premium market moves on relentlessly. The Primacy HP is a superb tyre, as TN69 has mentioned on many occasions. You'd have to work hard to provoke them, even in the wet.

Hoping to get good wear results from them but the initial driving feel is impressive. Whether the Conti is better I cannot say, but Contis I've used in the past have always disappeared at an alarming rate.

With the price I paid for the Primacy HPs you might as well just fit them and done with it. Kwik Fit quoted £222 each for the Michelin!!. Aline charged me just £140 each.

I couldn't get Barum for under £113 so decided to seize the fabulous price on the Michelins.

If you do get the Barum make sure you have the Bravuris 2. The earlier Bravuris (1) was not well regarded.