Torque Cars

new to audi please help :)

Discussion in 'A4/S4/RS4' started by AUDIA4CAB, 3 May 2013.

1. AUDIA4CAB

AUDIA4CAB Newbie

Buckingham
    Car:
    Audi A4 Cab
    Hey guys hope you can help :) i am looking at gettting a audi A4 convertible with the 2.5 diesel engine.

My question is what should i be looking out for fault wise and what mileage are these engines good for as i have seen a couple around the 115k - 130k mark and just wanted to know how long these engines have left realistically.

i hope someone can help before i buy :)

*Removed URL link as per our T&C's*

hope to hear somthing soon cheers dan

2. HugoBoss

HugoBoss The Torque Meister

Australia NSW
    Car:
    r33 skyline gtst
    Hey matey welcome to T.C good to have you. Some one else will have to help you with their common niggly bits but a full service history, straight body panels clear green radiator water, evenly worn tyres and same make tyres all round and a bit of common sense means you should be buying a pretty reliable set of wheels. Good luck.

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    What year are you looking at. If they have regular oil changes, every 12 months minimum they just keep on going to 200k plus.

Check it has a full service history and you should be fine.

The cambelts are quite expensive to change and should be done every 5 years or 70k or so.

4. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
    Good to have you along with us :)