New Jetta 1.9tdi 105ps, needs more power

500bhp

Guys,

Whats the best abd cheapest way of increasing this lowly power figure to a healthier minimum 130ps. Ta for now!

Remapped ECU and slightly bigger turbo - it fairly easy to get big power gains on Diesel engines these days. VW have got 150 bhp from these blocks so I think 130ps is certainly achievable. :D

Cheers Wayne. My problem is its a company car so needs to be undetectable. If the turbo is bigger how does the ECU know of this or is it part of the re-programming?

The reprogramming gets the max benefit from it. Without a reprogram the Turbo will give more power and the car will adjust itself to a small degree as the knock sensor picks up on fuel and air mixture.

I'd go with a rechip - this should give the power you are after and some are switchable into a standard (valet) mode so when it goes in for a service no one will be any the wiser.

I agree with all that have chimed in here and I own the same car as you. Remap the computer is the cheapest best power gain you can get and I mean nice power gain. Another mod is to replace the injectors with higher spraying injectors. I think that the OEM is 100 and you can get some 150's but you will notice the fuel mileage go down. These are pretty good mods that to the normal eye no one would be to the wiser on.

Turbo upgrades are expensive and noticable to someone who knows what they are looking at. Getting a bigger turbo can also reduce lowend torque. Alot of us mk5 tdi guys here in the states are looking into a dual turbo set up but there are problems with space and plumbing. Now getting a single turbo that is top dollar for lowend and highend power also will require a new exhaust manifold as they are a one piece item so you may have to pay to have a new manifold fabericated and this has presented many speed demons here a problem as nobody has been able to find a turbo swap that is bolt on for the mk5 brm motor. Now if you know of something please let me know.