New guy...tuning Civic 1996 VTEC

Dumfriesman

Hi...I have a Civic VTEC 1996 EK4 B16A2 engine...any tuning suggestions???..already done the induction,type R pistons
head skimmed,polished ports...s/s 4-2-1 exhaust...looking for 200bhp for next season sprints and hillclimbs

Have you looked into a remap which alters the VTEC kick-in points. Might be worth going for a lighter flywheel when the clutch needs doing. What are you hoping for? More power, similar economy, low down Torque, general fun driving around?

there's loads of tuning options for good spec Civics at funkypower.com - loads of stuff by AEM, upgraded cams, pulleys, etc, DC Sports manifolds, and more stuff i don't understand. Or have a look at skunk2.com for tuning inside the crank case, but i don't know who distributes their stuff in the UK offhand. Hope this helps.

:) nice car, change the intake manifold for a skunk 2, also replace the throttle body to a larger bore 1, this should all provide you with more mid-range to high end torque, then change the fuel pressure regulator, matched with a performance fuel rail, nd maybe youve changed the manifold, butm thers lotsa hidden horses there :), let me know how you get on. RMJ.

BOOSTING CIVIC BHP

Thanks for the suggestions everybody!
I am remapping the ECU to get the VTEC to kick in just over 4000rpm.
Also I want to find a special inlet manifold gasket that keeps the intake air a lot cooler,thereby boosting the BHP,but can't find a supplier.I have already skimmed the head and polished the ports and put in Type R pistons...I am looking for 200BHP.