New guy, trying to figure this site out

XK8lattmaster

Car
2001 Jaguar XK8
Hi,
My name is Rich and I am new to this site. Just joined, I have a 2001 XK8 convertible, Carnival Red.
Will post pics as soon as the forum will let me.

I have been looking around and find this very interesting!

Cheers,

XK8lattmaster

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

I really look forward to seeing your pics, it will only take 10 posts so you'll get there in no time, we usually have quite a few active discussions and debates running.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Hi Waynne,
I fell in love with the XK's when I was stationed in England a few years ago. Just got the XK8 last month and I am loving it.
I do have a few problems though, every now and then the "Restricted Performance" light will come on. I have purchased a code reader and hopefully will fix the problem. Other than that, the car runs great!

Just received my code reader, but have not had time to read the directions or use it.
It's getting cold here now and I will have to put it up for the winter pretty soon. I will not have it worked on until the spring.
Any recommendations for storing for 4 or 5 months? Like gas tank half full, full or almost empty.

Jack it up, keep some rags in all the openings (exhaust/intake etc) spray oil over the engine and keep the bodywork clean and waxed up. Charge the battery monthly and turn it over once a month.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back