Neon License Plate Frame

Titas

Tuner
Car
2000 Toyota Corolla
I'm thinking of buying a blue neon license plate frame for my car. I have to hook up the wires from the neon frame into the car. The problem is, i have no idea how to wire it, or where to wire it. I don't want to go to a shop for this small installment, and if i learn how to do it, i can do it for my buddies at school. If anyone know how to do it, please give me some feedback. :D

only thing i would add to that guide is add a switch in place as well and run it to the dash. the guide has it so anytime the lights are on it comes on as well.
im unsure or traffic laws in the states but over here you cant have blue lights on your car. by adding the switch it allows you to have your lights on but the neon off for when your driving.

I think its legal in Tennessee. I've seen a few around town. I just need to get the money, and then i'll install it. Then i can post some photos.

I think its legal in Tennessee. I've seen a few around town. I just need to get the money, and then i'll install it. Then i can post some photos.

Check the legal position all the same. Just 'cos someone else is using these doesn't mean they're not acting unlawfully.

In the UK you are only allowed to show yellow light to the sides, red to the rears and white to the front. Blue is not allowed over here. I'm jealous you can get away with so much over there.

You can only get away with stuff like that in the South. All the other major cities have really strict laws about car mods. Cops in my city dont really care about tuned cars as long as we dont break any driving violations. On major roads and intersections, there are cameras that take photos for sppeding and running red lights. My brother has gotten a few of those over the past few months, and they cost a pretty penny.

:lol: I'll get my blue bulbs out then if that's the case! Honest officer, HDI said it would be yellow/amber enough!

They suprised even me when I bought them.
I thought they'd glow all the colour of the rainbow at the same time. How wrong was I.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
They change colour from slow fade to proper crazy changes.:lol::lol:
3070767222_5008c1b43c_z.jpg

3070767076_17f5e69b65_z.jpg

Was this one of those mods you bought, which once you got it home and fitted it, you wished you hadn't? Please say yes TN :lol:

No I fitted them outside Halfrauds an loved them.
They annoyed so many people. It was great.;)
Funniest time was when I forgot to take them out for the Mot.:lol:
At night time they looked awesome. Was like a mobile disco.:)

I love those headlights, I've something similar planned for mine, but instead of fitting the bulbs inside the headlights the LED tube will sit in front and shine backwards into the reflector once the headlights are raised.

As for the neon number plate surrond, I'd still fit a switch inline with the earth cable, or a relay depending on the rated power drain, at least then you have the option of turning them off. Not all coppers are as forgiving as others and if you get one on a bad day . . .