Torque Cars

need someone to help me out with my FTO

Discussion in 'FTO forums' started by hmerov, 4 January 2012.

1. hmerov

hmerov New member

london
    Car:
    Mitsubishi FTO 2.0
    ive got Mitsubishi FTO,2.0 GR and it is 180 BHP, i just want to make it 500 or 600 BHP and if there is a chance for me to do it and i someone can tell me a bit more about the mods and how to do it, it will be great!

2. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt
    I personally dont know much about FTOs but you could have a chat with chris or jason at Conceptua Tuning,www.conceptua-tuning.co.uk or email sales@conceptua-tuning.co.uk,these guys are really good on tunning info and can get any parts you would need!.
    Good luck with the project.

3. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    Hope you've got deeeeeeeep pockets! That's a hell of a power gain :eek:

4. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    A nice big AMS turbo kit is the way forward. But then you have all the added parts to buy along with it. Looking at around £5000 just for your basics.

Might be worth sorcing an Evo engine, as I believe they will fit right in.

5. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Are they FWD?

6. Puntopimp

Puntopimp Track Warrior

Dover, Kent
    Car:
    Toyota Avensis 1.8
    Yeah the FTO are FWD I Have seen one Converted to AWD Before

7. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Thought so. In that case it won't handle the 600bhp with a FWD set up.

8. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

You have 180 now ? try 280 before you even think about those other figures

5k might yes might get you to 500 but that not even the begining.

Forgetting the money for the engine for a moment theres another £5K if you want to be able to drive it

If you really want 500bhp Buy something else ( sorry but you did ask)

Power is no good unless it can be put down on the road and the car will stay there

My nissan has 500 atw used to be half that as standard. Engine cost (forged ) circa £10k rest of the car i dare not add it up.

9. steve r

steve r Wrench Pro

chelmsford essex
    Car:
    FTO GR
    Im a trader of fto parts on the ftooc. And if you want power like that from an fto you need to talk to richard b on the ftooc, he owns the fasted fto in the country, i think his engine runs between 500 and 600 bhp and cost 1000s.
    Also a standard GR came out the factory at 170 bhp and unless your car has been modded i would think it has lost some horses over the years. First thing you need to do is get it on a rolling road to get some acurate figures to start, and then start saving all your pennys.

atb, steve.