need help with engine mounting!!

dizz

Tuner
Car
hyundai coupe turbo
hi, any one no wat i need to buy to mount my 2.0 engine as ive looked at it and it has a 3 hole mount and mine only has 2 holes. wat do i doo ?? ahhhhhhh. also have the cylinder head off at gas flowing etc.. anything else i should do while its in bits?.

THANKSSSSS

The 820,620 and 220 engines are externally identical apart from the mounts are located in different places as you have discovered. The mounts are removable and you can get mounts for the 200 - a local scrapyard would be my first port of call. Worst case you might have to order new ones but fitting is straightforward.

kool kool thanks for that. is there any other things i should rember to get wen doing it? i have a mate thats gunner help me swap it i just dont wanna get half way and forget someting ?

Have you got the ECU from the donor vehicle? If not there are 4 types and you need to match them with the sensors in the engine. The crank sensor pulse rate is different and getting it wrong can kill the ecu. Check the basic things also. Does the gearbox match the engine? Are the pipes/wires in the engine bay long enough for the new engine? Will you have to relocate the battery/air filter etc...

Have you read the article on engine swaps?http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/engine-swaps.php

i have a rover 200 bubble shape and have a t series turbo engine in the car i believe the engine mounts used were from a t series turbo but the gearbox munt was not ?? what mount would bolt straight to a rover 200 to the gearbox for my car wud i need to get a 220 gearbox mount would it fit directly with no hassel im new to the game any info would b great thanks