My R36 - Bit of an update:

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
Hi All.

Bit of an update to my constant push for performance in the R36... I have had a DSG remap by Revo.

For those who don't know... my Passat R36 - Rolling Roaded at 308BHP stock (300hp manufacturer quoted). This was enough for a 13.7/sec 1/4 mile at 100mph completely stock. I'd given the engine my 'lead-foot' running in treatment, and this seemed to show up on the rolling road.

Next came engine remap which pushed the power to 335BHP. DSG gearbox was still stock and I was thus unable to launch the car harder than 3200rpm. This bought me a 13.21/sec 1/4 mile at 104mph.

DSG remap let me get up at my new 7300rpm rev-limit and launch it from 4500rpm. Unfortunately this only got me a disappointing 13.6/sec 1/4 mile with 0-60 in 4.90sec at GTi International yesterday due to a massive queue and 30c temperatures. After half hour of queuing at 30c in the baking sun, the car was cooked by the time I got to the front. The engine fans where going like a jet engine.

I will take the car back to a RWYB and Santa-Pod again, later in the year when its cooler, to do a proper comparison.

DSG remap cost £399 + VAT from Revo Technik which was thoroughly good value for money. It's made the drive a-lot more involving. In 'Manual/PaddleShift' mode Automatic down-shifting at WOT and Automatic up-shifting at the rev-limit are gone, its a true manual now. Paddle reaction is instant, the gear has changed before i've even let go of the paddle. Shift times are much quicker, you get a lovely crack of thunder out of the exhaust as you shift at the red-line now and by upping the fluid pressure on both clutches (they're wet clutches) they've increased the torque handling to 500Nm to stop it trying to shed my additional torque (gained through mods/remap).

Last edited:
nice difference then ?

guessing this is why you only had 2 runs yesterday

Yeah - I paid for 3, but pre-booked with tickets. After two, it was clear I was just cooking the car so went home after two.

Where you there then? :eek:

no but was looking through the runs on the ukmk4 forum, someone had put up the days results and noticed your name on it

what was running the 2.5-2.7 0-60 times and 10.# 1/4 ?